Photo

Farewell Brunch: Mandatory?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ssleenyc

ssleenyc
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:53 PM

Hi guys. Is it mandatory to do a farewell brunch for a destination wedding? We are hosting events on thurs-sat with wedding on sat. We are planning an afterparty and I honestly don't expect to sleep that night at all. I'd rather sleep in but is this rude?

#2 jax_the_beach_bride

jax_the_beach_bride
    • 475 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:58 PM

in my opinion, there are no rules for DW's ... I did not have a brunch the next morning and in fact, my husband and I went to Havana that morning as a little get away from the resort and our guests.. its up to u what you want to do... but i dont think that, that is necessary

Mr. & Mrs. Reid
      All my life, I prayed for someone like you... and I thank God that I finally found you!

http://tickers.Ticke....7116/event.png

#3 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:13 PM

not mandatory as far as I'm concerned. many guests probably want to sleep in too.

We had breakfast with some guests, but it was just because they were up & we were up. Then we had a 2nd breakfast a few hours later and ate with some other guests. It was all very casual & we'd just run into each other at the buffet.

I didn't want a lot of structure so we could all just relax.

#4 Jess

Jess
        • 4,455 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:12 AM

I agree - not mandatory! We aren't planning one - doing a welcome dinner though

#5 Jenamie

Jenamie
          • 392 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:43 AM

I'm leaving the next morning after my TTD, so I hope its not hahaha

#6 ~Jessica~

~Jessica~
            • Banned
            • 3,479 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:25 PM

We aren't doing one, we are doing our TTD session the next day and I just don't want to feel rushed into planning a breakfast as well. I don't think they are mandatory and you pretty much say thank you to everyone the night before! We are doing a welcome dinner though.

#7 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
              • Moderators
              • 25,218 posts
              • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
              • LocationSeattle

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:28 PM

the only thing mandatory about ANY wedding as far as im concerned is saying I DO! that being said, its all a matter of personal preference. if you want one, do it! if you dont, dont! :)

#8 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
              • 2,777 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:31 PM

Agreed, not mandatory. We are having a welcome dinner. But we're doing ttd almost all day they next day so we may do a lunch w/ everyone cause alot of our guests are leaving that next morning (second morning after wedding), or a BBQ or something.

#9 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                • 2,287 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:58 PM

We aren't planning one either. I just want everyone to enjoy their vacation and just need them to be around on our wedding day for sure! lol

#10 ssleenyc

ssleenyc
                  • 62 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:10 PM

Thanks everyone -- I am hoping most people are having a good time and want to sleep in too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users