Photo

Post your cake topper!

• Please log in to reply
386 replies to this topic

#261 FireyNurse

FireyNurse
  • 389 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

Now that we are married I can post our topper....was trying every way possible to not let my now husband see my dress! lol! It's from Mudcards on Etsy. He is a firefighter and I am a nurse so we wanted to combine the two things and add in our pooch! We absolutely loved it and so did everyone else!

#262 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
    • 593 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by FireyNurse 

Now that we are married I can post our topper....was trying every way possible to not let my now husband see my dress! lol! It's from Mudcards on Etsy. He is a firefighter and I am a nurse so we wanted to combine the two things and add in our pooch! We absolutely loved it and so did everyone else!

Aww its adorable! It's funny- I showed my fiance the picture of our sketch and he loved it and then my heart sank and I realized "oh crappers- I just showed him my dress" I didn't make a big deal about it but I asked him about it later and he said he didn't remember what it looked like because he only saw the sketch briefly. At least I realized while it was still a sketch- but that means when the topper arrives, he can't see it.

This topper is so cute. I love how even though they are clay or porcelain, they are realistic looking. I love that so many brides want to incorporate their pooches! My mom is not at all thrilled about that. She has a pretty traditional mindset when it comes to wedding details and she doesn't really like my kitschy side. But these kind of toppers are not only personal and adorable- but they become a keepsake. I love em! 

Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#263 AllieH

AllieH
      • Resort/Area Ambassadors
      • 2,014 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
      • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
      • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

so funny EV - when my topper came in, I almost showed my (then) FI, and then remembered he hadn't seen the dress!! I can't wait to see how yours turns out. love that you've incorporated your personalities! 

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall 

Aww its adorable! It's funny- I showed my fiance the picture of our sketch and he loved it and then my heart sank and I realized "oh crappers- I just showed him my dress" I didn't make a big deal about it but I asked him about it later and he said he didn't remember what it looked like because he only saw the sketch briefly. At least I realized while it was still a sketch- but that means when the topper arrives, he can't see it.

This topper is so cute. I love how even though they are clay or porcelain, they are realistic looking. I love that so many brides want to incorporate their pooches! My mom is not at all thrilled about that. She has a pretty traditional mindset when it comes to wedding details and she doesn't really like my kitschy side. But these kind of toppers are not only personal and adorable- but they become a keepsake. I love em! 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#264 Katryne

Katryne
      • 260 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by proti007 

Omg the sock monkeys take the cake - literally!

Here's ours! It was designed by LollipopWorkshop on Etsy (they were able to customize my dress, my FI's suit, and even added the twine detail to tie in our wedding theme!). Definitely a keepsake :)

image.jpeg

I'd love to give a go at a DIY something like this but I have no idea where to get "heads" like this??  anyone have any ideas?

#265 nsg4729

nsg4729
        • Site Supporter
        • 83 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

Posted Image Initial Cake Topper from Etsy

#266 Icingtons

Icingtons
          • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

Hi, I am a cake stylist in HK and specialized in custom cake toppers, send me an image you like to icingtons@outlook.com and I can help you^^.

#267 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
            • 861 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

Just ordered my cake topper!!!! I originally wanted a mudcards topper and to incorporate our dogs but fiancĀ© didn't like them and didn't want to spend that much on a topper. So we came across this topper from figs and ginger. I love it!! And because we are writing out own vows I liked the idea of using the traditional vows in a non traditional way Posted Image

#268 LoriGran

LoriGran
              • 339 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 25, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Rivera Maya
              • LocationMexico

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

LOVE LOVE all these cake toppers!! I will definitely get mine from Etsy! Thanks for all the ideas!!!

#269 Maybeachbride

Maybeachbride
              • 186 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by wallabymeisje 

they ar

e like this but wood colored instead of white

i really like this idea!

#270 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
                • 593 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

This is so nice. It's unique and I agree- its a great way to keep the traditional vows. Nice choice!

Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users