Post your cake topper!

• Please log in to reply
386 replies to this topic

#221 HEDGES2012

HEDGES2012
  • Site Supporter
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:30 AM

Here was our cake topper.  I made it myself out of vintage jewelry and a monogram H from Michaels $1 section!! caketopper.jpg

#222 RollerBride

RollerBride
    • 204 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:48 AM

Here is mine. I got it on Etsy. I think i paid too much for it but I'm from philly and it meant alot to me :)

cke topper.jpg

Kip & Kate

August 4, 2012

Dreams Riviera Cancun

www.kipandkateswedding.com

30 guests

#223 sosodj

sosodj
      • 199 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

SO CUTE

#224 2012mrstobe

2012mrstobe
        • 164 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

I really wasn't that concerned about a cake topper until I started to look at some of the amazing toppers on here.

The Etsy seller that designed it said she had so much fun designing it. My fiance and I love his Harley (well of course he loves it much more than I do!) and I know he will love this. It is going to be a surprise for him. The cool thing about it is that we will be able to display it on our mantle after the wedding. This may actually be my favorite part of the wedding!

I think our cake will be a simple 2 tier white cake (square) will some simple designs on it. Don't want to have so many high expectations for the cake and then they aren't able to execute, but here's the topper!

#225 Katryne

Katryne
          • 260 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

Wow!! The detailing is great on it! 

#226 cheflady

cheflady
            • 153 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:55 AM

Great cake toppers!

#227 beachbride14

beachbride14
              • 28 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:30 AM

I found this and want my cake topper to look exactly like this but after shopping at a couple of craft stores im having a hard time finding the little hat, tie, and veil, any ideas??

#228 2012mrstobe

2012mrstobe
                • 164 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Katryne 

Wow!! The detailing is great on it! 

I was really pleased! I sent her pictures of my FI's outfit, pics of my dress (mid production), pics of his shoes, my shoes, flowers,etc.

I also sent her several pictures of his motorcycle. She went on Ebay and found the same make and model of his bike and painted the checkerboard on it just the same as the custom paint job on his bike.

When I saw the finished product and she sent me pics to proof it, I told her that I realized that I didn't send her a pic of my earrings and bracelet (both heavily rhinestoned). She responded back "Sorry, I can't do mini-bling.". That statement made me laugh out loud. I told her I understood and she had gotten the detailing on everything else down to a tee that it was no big deal.

#229 2012mrstobe

2012mrstobe
                  • 164 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by beachbride14 

I found this and want my cake topper to look exactly like this but after shopping at a couple of craft stores im having a hard time finding the little hat, tie, and veil, any ideas??

I am thinking you can make the tie out of piece of felt, make the veil out of some tulle and lace but I can't think of what you could do for the hat....Oh yeah, see if you can find some plastic cowboys. You know like the little plastic GI Joe men from way back? I don't know if they still make them but I remember you used could buy the sets with cowboys, farm animals, etc. Try the toy section. I am sure you could find a really small hat.

#230 AllieH

AllieH
                    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
                    • 2,014 posts
                    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
                    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
                    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:24 AM

Those are great ideas!! I remember finding tiny cowboy hats to use as place cards at a party supply store. Maybe try looking there? Or in the doll section at a craft/hobby store? 

Originally Posted by 2012mrstobe 

I am thinking you can make the tie out of piece of felt, make the veil out of some tulle and lace but I can't think of what you could do for the hat....Oh yeah, see if you can find some plastic cowboys. You know like the little plastic GI Joe men from way back? I don't know if they still make them but I remember you used could buy the sets with cowboys, farm animals, etc. Try the toy section. I am sure you could find a really small hat.

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users