Photo

Post your cake topper!

• Please log in to reply
386 replies to this topic

#191 FireyNurse

FireyNurse
  • 389 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

I think you mean the clay cartoon character one...if it is I am guessing it is from Etsy seller MudCards as it is very similar to the one we bought, here is what ours will look similar to.

I am SO excited for it!

!

I LOOOVE that bottom one! Where is it from?

#192 kaomi3

kaomi3
    • Banned
    • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:47 AM

very cute ones.

here ya go ;)))

cakewithcandles.JPG

#193 kellykellz

kellykellz
      • 83 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:26 AM

Hi FireyNurse,

I am thinking of doing ours through mudcards too. How far in advance should I order? My wedding is in December?? Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by FireyNurse 

I think you mean the clay cartoon character one...if it is I am guessing it is from Etsy seller MudCards as it is very similar to the one we bought, here is what ours will look similar to.

I am SO excited for it!

!il_fullxfull.280420133.jpg

http://www.etsy.com/..._ttt_id_5431307

#194 FireyNurse

FireyNurse
        • 389 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

I messaged her with all our pictures and description for ours and our wedding is in November 2012, she said she will start it in August. You have to read her fine print because you don't actually pay for it until you have sort of given it the "approval" (which I am positive we will, because I love all her work) so I technically have ordered it already but she said she has it in her book to start in August. 

Not sure if that helps, but I guess it does mean you have some time!

Cheers!

Originally Posted by kellykellz 

Hi FireyNurse,

I am thinking of doing ours through mudcards too. How far in advance should I order? My wedding is in December?? Thanks in advance

#195 allieplask

allieplask
          • 177 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

i hate that i am even asking this.. but my FI wants a ninja turtle cake topper for our beautiful wedding cake!  i keep waiting for him to tell me he is joking! anyone have cute, playful ideas that AREN'T ninja turtles?  i've looked on etsy and haven't come aqcross much except for people doing wording to stick into the cake - our theme is "one love" so i like the idea of that.. i do not want to be april in a yellow jumpsuit on the top of my wedding cake, i'm dying just thinking about it!  HELP!

wedding website: www.allienick.com

#196 Peach

Peach
            • 1,293 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by allieplask 

i hate that i am even asking this.. but my FI wants a ninja turtle cake topper for our beautiful wedding cake!  i keep waiting for him to tell me he is joking! anyone have cute, playful ideas that AREN'T ninja turtles?  i've looked on etsy and haven't come aqcross much except for people doing wording to stick into the cake - our theme is "one love" so i like the idea of that.. i do not want to be april in a yellow jumpsuit on the top of my wedding cake, i'm dying just thinking about it!  HELP!

We are using toys on ours. It was FI's idea... He is being a little Han Solo, and I am Cinderella. Whatever, it is fun and silly. But the cake is not a big deal to me; if it was, I do not think I would like that plan at all. hahaha!

I like the wording idea of "One Love"... what about a custom of the two of you, with him wearing a ninja turtles t-shirt?

#197 allieplask

allieplask
              • 177 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:10 PM

Where are you getting the Cinderella from, thats a cute idea - to both be characters but i can be something girly.... Are you using actual figures or having them custom made?

#198 Peach

Peach
                • 1,293 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

Where are you getting the Cinderella from, thats a cute idea - to both be characters but i can be something girly.... Are you using actual figures or having them custom made?

Nope we found the Han Solo in a box of FI's old toys... We are on the search for the right size Cinderella. The one we had before was too big, which doesn't work because I'm almost a foot and half shorter than FI. So far we are thinking Toys R Us or Dollar Store for ideas... So actual toys! I think it is quirky and fun. And I am totally Disney crazy!

#199 LTLFAITHY

LTLFAITHY
                  • 180 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:36 PM

Ahhh, this made me LOL!! "i do not want to be april in a yellow jumpsuit on the top of my wedding cake" - hysterical!! 

~Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun~

54 Booked + The Bride & Groom!

#200 allieplask

allieplask
                    • 177 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:56 AM

i love disney/cinderella too! do you know what your cake looks like/have a picture? we originally picked out something very beachy but now i am wondering if we put toys or a topper on it, if a more traditional cake would look better?

Originally Posted by Peach 

Nope we found the Han Solo in a box of FI's old toys... We are on the search for the right size Cinderella. The one we had before was too big, which doesn't work because I'm almost a foot and half shorter than FI. So far we are thinking Toys R Us or Dollar Store for ideas... So actual toys! I think it is quirky and fun. And I am totally Disney crazy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users