Photo

Post your cake topper!

• Please log in to reply
386 replies to this topic

#91 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:24 AM

Redginer the starfish are made of sugar?! What a fantastic idea, still food friendly and give the great look!!!!

Originally Posted by redginger 

Hi Ladies,

I found similar similar starfish couple cake toppers on Ebay. I actually like them better...they each stand on wood sticks (rather than a single base). And they're about $30 - $35 bucks! I got the sugar starfish!

Ebay2.jpg

!B8thno!B2k~$(KGrHqN,!jUEzKRS3E+MBM31COM9Mw~~0_12.jpg

#92 redginger

redginger
    • 360 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:40 AM

Sorry, Torilynnsmith...sugar starfish is a type of natural starfish. They're not made of edible sugar :-(

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

Redginer the starfish are made of sugar?! What a fantastic idea, still food friendly and give the great look!!!!

#93 aquamaniac

aquamaniac
      • 239 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:34 AM

Hey, anyone else out there with a bald groom? The custom designed toppers are a bit pricey, and the only bald man I can find is this one from the interchangable selection (link below)....not sure if I like it though.

Any suggestions of other items you may have seen?

http://www.weddingfa...ke Toppers.html

~M.

#94 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
        • 1,748 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:19 PM

Blonde moment!!! I got so excited lol Obviously I need to tune up on my starfish knowledge!!!! Thanks redginger!!!

Sorry, Torilynnsmith...sugar starfish is a type of natural starfish. They're not made of edible sugar :-(

Are you dead set on having a bride and groom on your cake?  We are thinking flowers or shells as I am not big on the bride and groom cake topper!  If you are set on having that though why not check out etsy as I am sure a seller could design a topper for you!!!!

Originally Posted by aquamaniac 

Hey, anyone else out there with a bald groom? The custom designed toppers are a bit pricey, and the only bald man I can find is this one from the interchangable selection (link below)....not sure if I like it though.

~M.

#95 aquamaniac

aquamaniac
          • 239 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:37 PM

Yes, would love to have a bride and groom topper, thought it would be pretty funny to find a bald groom. Just not having much luck :(

Will keep an eye out on Etsy for now I guess.

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

Blonde moment!!! I got so excited lol Obviously I need to tune up on my starfish knowledge!!!! Thanks redginger!!!

Are you dead set on having a bride and groom on your cake?  We are thinking flowers or shells as I am not big on the bride and groom cake topper!  If you are set on having that though why not check out etsy as I am sure a seller could design a topper for you!!!!

#96 redginger

redginger
            • 360 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:28 PM

Have you checked out Ebay? They have tons of cake toppers, including bald grooms. I'm not sure what your groom looks like, but check out this link. If it doesn't work, just go to Ebay and type in "bald groom cake topper". Good luck!

~M.

#97 aquamaniac

aquamaniac
              • 239 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:45 PM

Oh, didn't even occur to me to check out Ebay! Thanks!

Have you checked out Ebay? They have tons of cake toppers, including bald grooms. I'm not sure what your groom looks like, but check out this link. If it doesn't work, just go to Ebay and type in "bald groom cake topper". Good luck!

http://shop.ebay.com...-All-Categories 

#98 Mmack

Mmack
                • 118 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:49 AM

Hi clgriffi7,

That is such a perfect idea!! Can you tell me where I can buy this? I'm not that familliar with ebay and need a little help.

Thanks!!!!!

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 

Here is mine (it is a surprise for my fiance because he is bummed the dog can't travel with us to Mexico).  I ordered from ebay seller saller_micky2008 and paid a total of $149 (incl. S/H).  So it was pricey, but I certainly plan on displaying it after the wedding, maybe next to our sand ceremony frame.  I sent the manufacturer pictures of myself, my fiance, the dog, my dress, his outfit, my hair flower, my desired bouquet, and my hair inspiration pic.  I hope he loves it....

Completed Topper.jpg

Our wedding is in 11 weeks!!! Can't wait to be a Mrs.!!

#99 traceysteve

traceysteve
                  • 328 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:59 PM

I used mudcards on Etsy, surprise, surprise. Originally, I wasn't looking for mini-me's but I at least wanted the hair colour to be correct. This one will be custom made, I sent her pics of us, and one of my dress. check it out!

Originally Posted by aquamaniac 

~M.

#100 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
                    • Banned
                    • 630 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:59 AM

Here is the link for the item on ebay:

Hi clgriffi7,

That is such a perfect idea!! Can you tell me where I can buy this? I'm not that familliar with ebay and need a little help.

Thanks!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users