havianas vs. party flops

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:42 PM

I have lots of old navy flops I use them daily, but I want a nice gift for our guests cause any of them probably have as many old navy pairs as myself and i'm positive not one of them owns a pair of havaianas!

#22 Gr8ful

• 155 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:47 PM

Havaianas are expensive, unless you happen to be in Brazil. The last time I was there, I bought more pairs than I care to admit!

I suggest jcrew -- they have flops and right now they are 20% off if you buy >2 pair (I just got some for my bridesmaids, I hope they will fit!). Maybe a compromise between Old Navy & Havaianas.

#23 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:12 PM

Really like I said before I don't mind the price and they aren't that expensive

I found the ones i want online for $14 and you can get them at Nordstroms rack for $12.90 I saw this weekend. Which I'd much rather spend the extra $3 per pair and get REALLY nice flip flops for them. I'm only buying 23 so its not like I'm purchasing 100 pairs or anything.

Although the jcrew sale could be very helpful for other girls!

We specifically left room in our budget for something nice like this cause most of our guests are saving every last dollar to come and I we really appreciate it and want to have something nice for them to enjoy! I'll have my planning thread up in a month and I'm including cost so other brides can see what you can get out of a small budget!

#24 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:15 PM

oh! for some reason i was under the impression they were in the $50 range, so that changes everything!

go for the havies!!!

#25 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:39 PM

Depending on what kind you get the are normally $18-$40 but you can find them cheaper online and I was in Nordstroms Rack and they were only $12.90

#26 Gr8ful

• 155 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:57 PM

I thought they were >$20 a pair, so my bad for thinking that they were more! Personally, I would be thrilled to get a pair of Havaianas -- they last forever, and are very good quality. It's so nice of you to get your ladies such a nice gift, and great job on econo-shopping!

I actually got my jcrew order in today and I think I will have to exchange them b/c they seem to run ~1/2 size too big (with the 20% off, they are $10 / each).

Can't wait to see your thread on planning -- I think we are all trying to budget, and every tip helps!

#27 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:07 PM

I think one of the biggest thing about working on a smaller budget is patience. I almost jumped and bought havaianas from their site but I've spent days searching the web and found amazing deals. I'm saving over $100 just because I waited and did some searching. Or if you have time, knowing beach bags and summer stuff will all be on sale in September. Last October we bought really nice beach bags that were normally $12 for $3 for OOt bags and I'm so glad I waited and jumped on a sale instead of buy bags that were cheap, and ok but not great!

#28 Weddingin2010

• 155 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jacilynda
                So I've decided we're going to do flip flops for at least the kids and girls. I'm kinda struggling w/ what to get?

I don't want old navy, walmart, target or any cheap flip flops. I like the idea of being able to personalize them such as party flops, but are the flip flops just like flip flops from old navy or target? Or are they nicer like havianas?

I want a nice pair for them something they'll ABSOLUtELY LOVE!
                Jacilynda, how did you decide what size to get for everyone? Did you discreetly ask or did you just order a variety and they could trade if needed?

#29 MissM

• 184 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:10 AM

Go with the Havianas! I love mine- seriously the comfiest flip flops!!! I would be thrilled to receive them! They will love them!

#30 ShelbyFL

• 211 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:15 PM

I would love to know how you decided on sizes too... I was going to send an e-mail and ask. I don't want to get it wrong and have someone with really big or really small feet left barefoot! LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users