Photo

Anyone used photographer Marcia Roberts before?

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#51 CSandCK2

CSandCK2
  • 563 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:09 AM

Whereabouts are you getting married?  Maybe the difference in the deposits is based on the different locations for the shoots?  I'm getting married in Ocho Rios (Jamaica). 

We are doing the TTD off site as well, but have to look into the hotel stay since she is coming from Kingston. 

Originally Posted by eholt 

LOL!  The person I spoke with yesterday said there would be one rate for her to stay at the hotel and another if they had to come back.  Given my resort, its cheaper for me to have them come the wedding day and then just go off site for the actual TTD.  Curious though because my deposit was 20%.  I just want to be assured that I'm doing the right thing by mailing this money.

#52 eholt

eholt
    • 528 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:35 AM

I am getting married in Montego Bay.  Its not a huge deal, I'm pretty much more concerned about the deposit.

Originally Posted by CSandCK2 

Whereabouts are you getting married?  Maybe the difference in the deposits is based on the different locations for the shoots?  I'm getting married in Ocho Rios (Jamaica). 

We are doing the TTD off site as well, but have to look into the hotel stay since she is coming from Kingston. 

May 19, 2011
      Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
      Montego Bay, Jamaica
      http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

#53 wemkulaf

wemkulaf
      • 190 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:44 AM

I used Marcia for my wedding July 24, 2010, in Negril.  She had two assistance with her for pictures and video.  I booked her a year before my wedding, and at the time I paid my deposit via paypal, not sure if she does that anymore.  I paid her cash the day of the wedding, right before she left.

#54 CSandCK2

CSandCK2
        • 563 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:26 AM

After sending my deposit via money order (to the CT, USA address), I received a receipt today via email that the deposit was received.  This also included the balance that will be due the day of the wedding.  Hope that helps a little to clear up any concerns about the deposit!

I am getting married in Montego Bay.  Its not a huge deal, I'm pretty much more concerned about the deposit.

#55 eholt

eholt
          • 528 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:51 PM

Thanks ladies.  I emailed her for clarity on where to send the deposit and she called me back immediately.  She said the deposit was to be sent to her daughter.  Since I read that on here before I am not more comfy.  She also explained that she had not always taken deposits in the past but people have cancelled on her with little to no notice and it is something she now does.  I totally understand and never had a problem with the deposit.  Just wanted to be sure!

May 19, 2011
            Montego Bay, Jamaica

#56 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
            • 2,233 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:09 PM

Thanks ladies.  I emailed her for clarity on where to send the deposit and she called me back immediately.  She said the deposit was to be sent to her daughter.  Since I read that on here before I am not more comfy.  She also explained that she had not always taken deposits in the past but people have cancelled on her with little to no notice and it is something she now does.  I totally understand and never had a problem with the deposit.  Just wanted to be sure!

I might contact her because I would feel better giving her a deposit, instead of the full amount the day of the wedding.

July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#57 Heaterfan15

Heaterfan15
              • 26 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:27 PM

Was anyone able to pay for her any other way other than cash the day of?  I have booked her for my Nov CTI wedding and she wants to be paid cash the day of.  I just don't want to have to carry that much around with me for a few days in Jamaica.

#58 Heaterfan15

Heaterfan15
                • 26 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:34 AM

Has anyone heard from Marcia in the last week?

Usually her or Cleopatra respond to e-mails in 1-2 days max.  I have sent 3 emails (the same one) within the last 10 days and I haven't heard anything back.

#59 eholt

eholt
                  • 528 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Heaterfan15 

Has anyone heard from Marcia in the last week?

Usually her or Cleopatra respond to e-mails in 1-2 days max.  I have sent 3 emails (the same one) within the last 10 days and I haven't heard anything back.

She emailed me this morning in response to an email I sent her yesterday.

May 19, 2011
                    Montego Bay, Jamaica

#60 wendyjd

wendyjd
                    • 968 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:39 AM

I spoke with her on Thur or Friday (last week) and confirmed all my final details.  I know her phone number changed.  If you call her the new number is on the voice mail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users