Photo

Anyone used photographer Marcia Roberts before?

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#21 Mrs.B

Mrs.B
  • 455 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:43 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunstarsmoon
    Mrs B did you get your phone call yet. I finally secured my date at Couples Sans Souci, so my next mission is to get a hold of Marcia and hopefully reserve her as well. Feels good striking to do's off the list
    I got the phone call, but I am waiting on the quote. She talks fast on the phone and not clear about a few things.

#22 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
    • 2,233 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:52 PM

LOL Mrs B so its not just me. I was also taking today with her again. I sent her an email because I had not gotten my quote yet. I was worried that it might be in cyber space somewhere lol. Anyways we have an issue with the resort. they charge 500.00 for an outside photographer which is not a problem, but Marcia brings an associate with her as well, so we have to make sure we are not going to be charged 1000.00. So I am waiting to hear back from the couples wedding coordinator to make sure.

Marcia sent me a link of a Negril wedding montage. see if I can post this right.
      YouTube - Negril Jamaica Destination Wedding

I hope that works if not maybe copy and paste and see if that works. If not I could send you the email I got from her today.
      July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#23 elyse918

elyse918
      • 19 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:32 PM

She called me back the next day after I e-maield her. Here is what she said for a wedding in Montego Bay. I decided to go with Micha Earle but here is the info for Michele:

Your package would include:
        2 CD's with over 800 Hi-Res edited images mailed to an address you provide
        2 Photo-Montage telling your wedding day story edited with music
        no time & charge!! shooting in a timely manner
        Photography coverage Bride getting dressed/Groom/Ceremony /Dinner photo-session
        Wedding Gallery Upload-within days of your wedding.
        Feel free to e-mail or phone, asking any questions you may have. I look forward to working with you. May I invite you to browse my website links below and read my testimonials.
        $1,000USD

#24 Mrs.B

Mrs.B
        • 455 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:02 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by elyse918
          She called me back the next day after I e-maield her. Here is what she said for a wedding in Montego Bay. I decided to go with Micha Earle but here is the info for Michele:

Your package would include:
          2 CD's with over 800 Hi-Res edited images mailed to an address you provide
          2 Photo-Montage telling your wedding day story edited with music
          no time & charge!! shooting in a timely manner
          Photography coverage Bride getting dressed/Groom/Ceremony /Dinner photo-session
          Wedding Gallery Upload-within days of your wedding.
          Feel free to e-mail or phone, asking any questions you may have. I look forward to working with you. May I invite you to browse my website links below and read my testimonials.
          $1,000USD
          What made you decide to go with Misha Earle?

#25 Mrs.B

Mrs.B
          • 455 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:03 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by sunstarsmoon
            LOL Mrs B so its not just me. I was also taking today with her again. I sent her an email because I had not gotten my quote yet. I was worried that it might be in cyber space somewhere lol. Anyways we have an issue with the resort. they charge 500.00 for an outside photographer which is not a problem, but Marcia brings an associate with her as well, so we have to make sure we are not going to be charged 1000.00. So I am waiting to hear back from the couples wedding coordinator to make sure.

Marcia sent me a link of a Negril wedding montage. see if I can post this right.
            YouTube - Negril Jamaica Destination Wedding

I hope that works if not maybe copy and paste and see if that works. If not I could send you the email I got from her today.
            Thanks for sharing!

#26 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
            • 2,233 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:56 AM

I got a quote from Misha as well. 1500.00 for 3 hours and she absorbs the vendors fee as well. She does really good work. I feel Marcia offers more for your money, but thats just my opinion

#27 elyse918

elyse918
              • 19 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:32 PM

Response to why I picked misha- I liked the angles of her shots and quality of the photographs. To me they were more natual and less 'posed' pictures that caught the moments from a different point of view.

#28 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
                • 2,233 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:54 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by elyse918
                  Response to why I picked misha- I liked the angles of her shots and quality of the photographs. To me they were more natual and less 'posed' pictures that caught the moments from a different point of view.
                  very true her work is very nice.

#29 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
                  • 2,233 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:58 AM

Mrs.B - Well finally got the confusion of the vendors fee straightend out. Marcia sent my my quote last night. I think she does a different quote for each person.

Here is mine

Here's what your package will look like.

2 CD's with over 500 HI-Res Images-mailed to an address you provide
                    2 DVD Photo Montage telling your wedding story edited wiht music
                    Wedding Gallery Post-within days of your event
                    Photpgraphy Coverage includes Bride/Groom preparing/Ceremony, Photo Sessions, Dinner ect.ect.
                    no time & charge!! this allows me to cover your special day in a timely manner.
                    Within one week for delivery-Fed Exed
                    $1,200USD

TTD $300USD second day- not limited to the resort at no additional cost. Please reply to confirm. I am looking forward to working with you. Let me know if this suits you.

so its my understanding that she has deducted the 500.00 vendors fee from her price. I am pretty happy with this and plan on doing the TTD at Dunns Rivers Falls. Our hotel has very calm waters and I really like to see the waves crashing in on pictures lol.

I sent her an email back asking what deposit is required and how to pay it!

#30 JennandMike08

JennandMike08
                    • 166 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:30 AM

So I've booked Marcia for my wedding. She does talk really fast on the phone so I've found that email works better though she seems to prefer phone.

She offered an all day session and TTD the next day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users