Photo

Anyone used photographer Marcia Roberts before?

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#91 Stephus

Stephus
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:53 AM

I got married in Jamaica, and john was our photographer, our pictures was breath taken...!! and his price was really nice! you can contact him at dreamlandphotographer@yahoo.com and see if he is available for your date.

#92 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
    • 2,233 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by eholt 

I asked becuase she said she would be willing to return and do my TTD the day after...no stay over. 

Quote:
      Originally Posted by sunstarsmoon 

eholt  -   yes I have thought of that we had planned on doing it at Dunns Rivers Falls, but then changed our minds. Regardless she would have to stay somewhere overnite.  I am going to email her later today.

very interesting, I plan on emailing her in the next few days maybe I will explain the situation and see what she comes up with!  thanks for the info

July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#93 Heaterfan15

Heaterfan15
      • 26 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:33 PM

Okay, so Marica has asked me to write a testimonial on this site.  So here it goes.

Marcia and Christopher took our pictures on Monday November 22, 2010 at Couples Tower Isle.  When we arrived at the resort, we called her to let her know that we arrived safely.  At that time, please re-confirm with her your time.  In a previous e-mail I had accidentally written that our wedding was at noon.  It was at 11am.  So here I am panicing, thinking oh my god she is not coming.  I called and they were on their way.  They arrived about 11:15, took some pics of me in my dress and then went down to see DH and take pics of him.  Since I had no interest in pics of me getting ready, I wasn't too stressed as we were the only wedding that day.

They took pics with us for approx 2 - 2.5 hours.  My face hurt from smiling so much!  As it was just the 2 of us that was more than enough time.  As Marcia, does not book time slots, they would have stayed all day if wanted them to. 

Working with them was a VERY pleasant experience.  They captured alot of moments that I didn't realize including the "face" I made when we sipped our champagne and I realized that mine had alcohol in it (I don't drink), and it was uppose to be non-alcoholic!

Christopher would take off, but we soon realized that he would come up from behind us to get various angles, including walking along the seawall to get pics from behind during our ceremony.  DH called him a ninja, because one meoment he was gone, and then he would appear out of nowhere.

We got an  EXCELLENT deal from Marcia.  As I had just gotten laid off, pricing was important, and obviously the pics had to be good.  Marica has asked me not to post the fee she charged me, but she was $1,000 less than Diana & Richard.  The package was to include 300 pics, and 2 copies of the DVD Montage.

Well, the CD's shipped on Wednesday at lunch, and they arrived before 9am on Friday to Ontario, Canada!  We ended up getting 657 pictures!!!  Now, FH is SUPER photogenic, and well quite frankly I am super un-photogenic.  I LOVE atleast half of them!  the ones that I don't love have nothing to do with quality, it is me making weird faces/laughing, or positioning my face to emphasize my double chin!

As for the DVD Montages, they are nice.  However, she didn't use the music that we sent her, I am not sure why.  But, since these are for our mother's we couldn't care less.

I give Marcia and Christoper a 10/10, they were delightful to work with, made us laugh, and made us feel comfortable as we both hate getting pics taken of us.  Our photos really are far more beautiful than I thought they would be!

I posted a wedding review, and a review of the resort on the Couples website.

Here is a link to Marcia's site.  I am very busy right now with the holiday's and trying to figure out how to do photobooks, I will try to remember to post a link in the future.

http://www.jamaicanphotography.com/

#94 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
        • 2,233 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:28 AM

great review of Marcia!  thanks for posting

July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#95 starrysim

starrysim
          • 349 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:09 PM

Thanks for posting, Heatherfan. I'm considering her as well, I haven't found any other cost-effective alternatives

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#96 frizzy64

frizzy64
            • 54 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:57 PM

We have booked Macia for the 5th April. Her pics look amazing and she has got some great reviews from brides who have used her before. She has quoted me this price and package too. I like the fact that she doesnt have time limits

#97 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
              • 594 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:26 AM

For those brides who used Marcia as their photographer, did you also use her and her team as your videographer? If so how did the video come out?

#98 mrsdeloatch2be

mrsdeloatch2be
                • 141 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:59 AM

Thanks for the review, very reassurring I booked Marcia also for my wedding June 30th.. and her prices was much lower than some of the other  quotes I received....

June 30, 2011 Iberostar Rose Hall Suite, Montego Bay Jamaica~14 guests booked ~

#99 beetee33

beetee33
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 65 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:00 AM

I think I'm going to book with Marcia too! Your work is really stunning and her prices are great!

Finally making it official!! May 13, 2011 Iberostar Rose Hall Beach

#100 RyGuysBride

RyGuysBride
                    • 150 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:38 AM

I"m looking into booking Marcia for our wedding in January 2012! It's nice to see all the great reviews!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users