I was concerned about my veil flying around in the wind on the beach so I did a google search and found this information and thought you all might find it useful as well.

Attach tiny weights to your veil. Buy the weights at any fishing & game store or walmart! you want them to be really small so there east to attach and not so notice able! Buy one for every 6-8 inches on the bottom of your veil.

Then buy finger nail polish the color of your dress (with a high gloss). Paint weights. Buy Clear thread (you can find at most craft stores) and thread weights.

Place weights on the inside of veil and sew on as you would a bead, then knot it and cut thread close as possible to veil (with out cutting veil).

Remeber to try on veil after you sew on few weights! you dont want it to heavey and pulling at your hair! I placed them at each corner and then added as needed. I stood infront of a fan to test it!

OK, am I really the only one who thinks the veils blowing in the wind are insanely pretty? But then, I'm not wearing one, so maybe I can afford to be impractical. lol

Great idea! I'm hoping I can talk my dad into helping. Just the use of fishing material may spark his interest... most of the wedding DIY projects aren't dad friendly. :)

I bet you are excited only 15 days left!

Good Idea if that is a concern. I personally like the look of the veils blowing in the wind in photos. I am still trying to decide if I am going to wear one out of the back of my hair. If I do, it is strictly for photos of the wind blowing the veil around.

Thanks for this info!!! I had decided not to wear a veil because I did not want it blowing in my face the whole time, however, my grandmother is convinced that I need to wear a veil. Now I will deffinitely reconsider wearing a veil, because this will take care of my problem. Thanks!!!!