Sign in to follow this  
CrystalM

Boudoir Question for Photogs

My friend out of nowhere asked me to shoot some boudoir pics for her. She doesn't even know I'm planning on doing them!

She and I exchange services. She's a CPA so she handles my accounting and in exchange I give her free photography. So this is definitely a good place to start shooting it. I have never shot boudoir but generally, I'll start copying someone else's style until I figure it out and then go from there. Any tips would be greatly appreciated?

A glass of wine and good music to relax. That usually helps to get comfortable in this setting. Other than that, you can check a few fashion magazines and pick a few creative poses from there. Do a few clothing changes.

Good luck

I would suggest research some poses to get an idea of what style she is looking for. Also, location for the shoot can really set the tone of your photos. Good luck.. :-)

Got your PM.. :-)

I seen his work before, those are good inspiration photos to go off of.

Definitely reach out to magazines for guidance! I subscribe to so many mags it is ridiculous! Before my sessions I'll look through to get some inspiration or to try something a little different! Most of all, have fun with it!