Photo

Boudoir Question for Photogs

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 CrystalM

CrystalM
  • 829 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:15 AM

My friend out of nowhere asked me to shoot some boudoir pics for her. She doesn't even know I'm planning on doing them!

She and I exchange services. She's a CPA so she handles my accounting and in exchange I give her free photography. So this is definitely a good place to start shooting it. I have never shot boudoir but generally, I'll start copying someone else's style until I figure it out and then go from there. Any tips would be greatly appreciated?
    I have a fabulous photographer I can share in the United States Virgin Islands in late April/early MayP.M. if interested!http://img.weddingco....pvbh7hxc5u.png

#2 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
    • Vendor
    • 2,782 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:19 PM

A glass of wine and good music to relax. That usually helps to get comfortable in this setting. Other than that, you can check a few fashion magazines and pick a few creative poses from there. Do a few clothing changes.

Good luck

#3 CrystalM

CrystalM
      • 829 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:33 PM

Thank you!
        I have a fabulous photographer I can share in the United States Virgin Islands in late April/early MayP.M. if interested!http://img.weddingco....pvbh7hxc5u.png

#4 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:18 PM

I would suggest research some poses to get an idea of what style she is looking for. Also, location for the shoot can really set the tone of your photos. Good luck.. :-)

#5 CrystalM

CrystalM
          • 829 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:23 PM

Ooh! I just remembered I need to PM you back Tammy!

I knew about this guy - intime by tony yang sent her the link and that's what she wants.

#6 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:35 PM

Got your PM.. :-)

I seen his work before, those are good inspiration photos to go off of.

#7 www.storybyphoto.com

www.storybyphoto.com
              • 61 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:44 PM

Start browsing Where Professional Models Meet Model Photographers - ModelMayhem Good site for Glamour photogs.

And pervs. LOL

#8 CrystalM

CrystalM
                • 829 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:48 PM

LOL Yeah, I know all about Model Mayhem. I have quite a few friends on there already.

#9 leahstafford

leahstafford
                  • 713 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:56 AM

Definitely reach out to magazines for guidance! I subscribe to so many mags it is ridiculous! Before my sessions I'll look through to get some inspiration or to try something a little different! Most of all, have fun with it!

#10 aga images

aga images
                    • 9 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:54 PM

Definitely... laughter, music, wine...
                      magazine and books are incredible inspiration...
                      Here are some book suggestions: Amazon.com: Underdressed (Compact): Elodie Piveteau: Books

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users