Question regarding invitations

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jewels336

Jewels336
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:04 AM

Hey Everyone...

Im a little confused about invitations and STD and I was hoping I can get clarification here.
    Im getting married December 5th..I am sending out the save the dates this week..however, I am not clear on when to send the formal invitation. Am I to assume that by the time people recieve the invitation, all travel arrangements would've already been made (based on the STD)?
    If thats the case...then do I just mail out the invitations within 3 months of the wedding date?
    If I am NOT to assume that arrangements have been made..whats the reasonable time frame to send out invitiations?
    Im so confused!

TIA for your help!

#2 heartbeat

heartbeat
    • 228 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:16 AM

I have read different articles that state any where from 2-3 months for DW. On this forum i have noticed that pple send them out as early as 5 or 6 months before. Are you asking for RSVP (like a informal) from you STD's. This is what i plan to do and then only send out invites to pple that have RSVP from the STD. I feel that there is no need in wasting an invite on someone who is not planning on coming.... just my 2 cent

#3 ~Jessica~

~Jessica~
      • Banned
      • 3,479 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:22 AM

Just for reference I am sending my STD's out now (my wedding is next May) so a year in advance just to let people know that if they want to start saving for the trip. Then I will be sending the formal invites out in October. I just want to make sure people have plenty of time to make plans to attend and have the opportunity to save the $$ it takes to attend. Then about a month before I am sending out a brochure all about the trip so if people RSVP'd but still have not made travel arrangements it is just another reminder. I would stick closer to the 5-6 months before for formal invitations just because you want people to have plenty of time to plan. And three months may feel rushed for some people.

#4 Jewels336

Jewels336
        • 88 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:39 AM

You know, I should just listen to my gut sometimes.lol. I also thought 3 months before the wedding was way to late..this is exactly why I thought I would check with the boards to see what the norm is..
          Thank you all for your help! I will be getting them out next month as I originally planned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users