Photo

RIU Packages

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Geralyn

Geralyn
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:22 PM

Originally when we booked our wedding we booked the Caprice package (the most expensive) after thinking it over I really don't think we need to do that since we will be having our own photographer and most of the extras are spa services...I wanted to get the free package but then I was looking at the website and it said you need to book 5 rooms...now is that 5 rooms in your name? We have about 36 guests but only our room is booked in our name...so can I still get the free package

#2 msemi305

msemi305
    • 162 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:19 AM

Hey - I booked the Royal Package - cause I was unsure of how many guests were going to be going - and I noticed after I booked it that you can go up in packages but not down...I am not sure if you can change to the free package with out a charge of some type...I would check with your TA - I would also be interested in knowing as well...keep us posted on how it goes...

take care

#3 Geralyn

Geralyn
      • 2,677 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:33 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by msemi305
        Hey - I booked the Royal Package - cause I was unsure of how many guests were going to be going - and I noticed after I booked it that you can go up in packages but not down...I am not sure if you can change to the free package with out a charge of some type...I would check with your TA - I would also be interested in knowing as well...keep us posted on how it goes...

take care
        oh man I hope this is not true!

#4 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
        • 813 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:29 AM

You can change your package when you get to the RIU and meet with Chandlyn.

#5 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
          • 1,097 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:54 AM

Yes you can absolutely change. I would give a heads up if you are definitely changing to the WC. We downgraded to the royal package and added in extra a la carte with Tai Floral.

#6 Preciousmi811

Preciousmi811
            • 342 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:55 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by drbrainfreeze
              You can change your package when you get to the RIU and meet with Chandlyn.
              Oh good this is a big concern of mine as well.

Thank you
              One Love

ClubHotel Riu Negril May 14 2010 wedding date. Anyone want to share a photographer? I am flying my photographer out regardless, if you want to split travel cost let me know!!!!

Password: 12345http://gs105.photobu....are_email_albuhttp://tickers.Ticke...m/ezt...b2f9...

#7 Anna83

Anna83
              • 288 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:33 PM

A lot of brides choose the free package and just upgrade what they want. You might want to price out what you want, it might be cheaper to upgrade only a few things.

#8 sherryl_joy

sherryl_joy
                • 45 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:14 AM

Do you think we can choose the free wedding package if all we want is to hold the wedding dinner/reception at the ROR? They told me I would have to purchase a wedding package and suggested the Caprice because I mentioned I may have about 50-60 guests going, even if I didn't have the ceremony there.

All I really want is just a good menu, maybe some dancing for after dinner (so maybe a DJ or a dance floor) and a bit of privacy and good food. :)

#9 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
                  • 813 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:22 AM

Well, I think the free reception is only good for 50 guests, if you have more, they might make you pay for a private reception. If you are looking for a dinner/dancing reception with a DJ you have a few options - Poolside, Sea Grape, Plantation. You might be able to get away with the "free" reception at Mammee Bay, but then you would need to find an alternate for the dancing/music part - again poolside, Sea Grape, or the disco.

Mammee Bay is going to give you the least amount of privacy

#10 Geralyn

Geralyn
                    • 2,677 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:53 AM

I got an email back from Nekeisha White at RIU MoBay (Chantelle is sick) she said you can def downgrade as long as you have 5 rooms booked at the resort.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users