Jump to content

Photo

Sarah & Jeff slideshow (trash the dress photos)


  • Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#71 TATrisha

TATrisha

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 12,377 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 11, 2008
  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principle Akumal
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:08 PM

OK, so after I watched the slideshow once, i convinced Shawn to watch it with me, in hopes that he would want to do it someday. He HATES photos and I think getting wedding photos will be like pulling teeth... however... he really liked these! And I think the idea of throwing me in the ocean excites him! He was very funny at first though. He was like "I am NOT going in the ocean" and that was followed by "she must be getting so dirty!!!" and that was followed by "you will ruin your dress!"
He's so funny. It's not like I'm going to wear my dress to church every sunday! It's a one time deal!
I'm pretty sure he was sold when the rock pictures showed up though... and by seeing the pure glow in my face!

~Trisha~

Destination Wedding Photographer & Travel Agent
www.faberphotography.com - My latest destination wedding photos can be found HERE

Disney Specialist  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

 
Looking for a travel agent that KNOWS DISNEY?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
 
Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)   |  AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  |  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits | Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner   |   Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.


#72 TammyB

TammyB
  • Sr. Member
  • 10,630 posts

    Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:33 PM

    So what do you girls think about me doing a few pics in the water on our wedding day.. Granted the bottom of my dress with get wet, but I don't care It will be hot as h*ll that day and it might actually feel good? I will never wear my dress again, and according to Sarah it doesn't ruin your dress, maybe gets a little dirty but it would be fine I'm sure..

    #73 Sarah

    Sarah

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

      Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:36 PM

      Tammy, if you're all done with your events for the day I say go for it. My dress has no lasting effects from the TTD session. There was a TON of sand in it, but it did not get dirty at all. But, it was very uncomfortable to drag around, so if you're going to have to have dinner, dance, or do anything in your dress afterwards I wouldn't do it. What about just doing it, then changing for the rest of the evening's events- or at least having the option to change?

      #74 Jtds2713

      Jtds2713
      • Member
      • 714 posts

        Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:35 PM

        Great pictures Juan! Congratulations! It is sooo romantic and hot! I would love to have a TTD session too! I will talk to Jed about this and perhaps JUan we can do it two days later since I know you have a wedding the next day after mine? We'll definitely look into our budget!

        Sarah these pictures are amazing. I am so glad you have this so you and your husband can look back many many years from now and relive this moment!

        #75 jak27

        jak27
        • Member
        • 715 posts

          Posted 31 May 2007 - 01:22 PM

          So I finally got around to watching the slideshow last night and I loved it! The pictures are just so great, and yall look so happy!

          I am seriously considering adding this to our photography, but I guess I should see if our photographer has any experience with this...or I could alwasy hire Juan for the day after for a few hours...

          Oh, the wheels never stop turning!

          Congratulations Sarah, you look beautiful!

          #76 Sarah

          Sarah

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

            Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:53 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by jak27
            So I finally got around to watching the slideshow last night and I loved it! The pictures are just so great, and yall look so happy!

            I am seriously considering adding this to our photography, but I guess I should see if our photographer has any experience with this...or I could alwasy hire Juan for the day after for a few hours...

            Oh, the wheels never stop turning!

            Congratulations Sarah, you look beautiful!
            Thanks Jill, and, it depends on how much you trust your photographer, but Juan had never done one before- so they don't necessarily have to be experienced to be good. But I'm biased- I think everything Juan does it great...lol

            #77 jak27

            jak27
            • Member
            • 715 posts

              Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:29 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by AQHARIDER
              Thanks Jill, and, it depends on how much you trust your photographer, but Juan had never done one before- so they don't necessarily have to be experienced to be good. But I'm biased- I think everything Juan does it great...lol
              Good point, our photographer is coming from Santa Fe (long story), so I'm 99.99% certain she has never done anything like this before! But I can imagine she would be open to new ideas...

              Or I could just hire Juan and have two photographers!

              So Sarah, if your dress didn't get dirty, have you had it cleaned yet? Keep me posted on how it comes out, because I would probably want to just use my dress and not worry about having another, but would still want to know how clean it will look.

              #78 Sarah

              Sarah

                VIP Member

              • VIP Member
              • 6,996 posts

                Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:04 PM

                I'm not even planning to have that dress professionally cleaned. I paid $99 for the dress, had $140 of alterations done to it, and I have no intention of spending any more, since it's not my real dress! I washed it out well in the tub and that's all I plan to do with it. I figure my someday daughter (or my niece if I never have kids) will have fun playing dress-up with it...It honestly isn't dirty at all- there are a few grains of sand that somehow got between the lining and the main material on the bodice that I can't figure out how to get them out, but I don't know if the cleaners would do that anyway...

                #79 jak27

                jak27
                • Member
                • 715 posts

                  Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:36 PM

                  Totally forgot it wasn't your real dress...duh!

                  #80 JUANCARLOST

                  JUANCARLOST
                  • Banned
                  • 130 posts

                    Posted 01 June 2007 - 02:11 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jak27
                    Good point, our photographer is coming from Santa Fe (long story), so I'm 99.99% certain she has never done anything like this before! But I can imagine she would be open to new ideas...

                    Or I could just hire Juan and have two photographers!

                    So Sarah, if your dress didn't get dirty, have you had it cleaned yet? Keep me posted on how it comes out, because I would probably want to just use my dress and not worry about having another, but would still want to know how clean it will look.

                    Amazed at all of your comments, thank you girls!

                    Your dress will never stain from the sand or the sea water so dont worry about it, unless you never take the leftover sand that could get stuck in the dress out and you would also have to wash the salt water from the dress, if you do those 2 steps you will have it in perfect condition. The only kind of dress that could get messed up would be like the dress that tammy had (host) because it is a litlle more delicate and it could tear but never stein.




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users