Jump to content

Photo

Too many colors!!!!!!!!!!!


  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
  • Sr. Member
  • 3,347 posts

    Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:21 PM

    I hear ya! I was so stressed trying to pick out my colors before I sent my STD's because even though no one else will remember if my STD's matched my wedding colors I knew I would! Silly brides we are!

    So I knew I wanted pink but beyond that I am still undecided. I love the pink/teal combo when I see it in pictures like ErinB's wedding - so gorgeous! But I also love the pink/black, or pink/orange, or pink/red combos.... who knows what I'll end up with! Good Luck deciding!
    ~Stephanie

    Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

    #22 *HOLLY*

    *HOLLY*
    • Banned
    • 3,639 posts

      Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:54 PM

      ooooo oooooo a blue, khaki, lime green, and a brown of some sort :) I think I like it :)

      #23 Jenamie

      Jenamie
      • Jr. Member
      • 392 posts

        Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:20 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~
        I hear ya! I was so stressed trying to pick out my colors before I sent my STD's because even though no one else will remember if my STD's matched my wedding colors I knew I would! Silly brides we are!
        My save the dates did not match, other than it was a beach sceen of a bride and a groom that my FI drew that I wanted for the invites but could not find invites that it would match so it went on the STD... but no one elce will ever have any like mine! :)

        #24 Jacilynda

        Jacilynda
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,777 posts

          Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:00 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Scubadiva
          ooooo oooooo a blue, khaki, lime green, and a brown of some sort :) I think I like it :)
          And if you want those bright pink flowers, do it!!! they'll really pop w/ those colors!

          #25 Sandra&Mario

          Sandra&Mario
          • Jr. Member
          • 336 posts

            Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:21 AM

            at first i wanted orange and turquoise...but then our save the dates were an ivory background with an orange floral design and no turquoise at all...so i think we're just having ivory, orange, and chocolate brown as an accent color. my bouquet will be orange tiger lilies similar to this bouquet...

            http://www.wedding-f....-wedding01.jpg

            you should go to a florist or even a craft store and see what colors you gravitate towards...go with what feels natural and draws you in, as opposed to what you think would look "nice" or "traditional"...sometimes there are certain color combination that you'd think, "ew, really!"...but they're so pretty. try going on theknot.com and search colors...you will get tons and tons of pictures, most of which are collage style that show several pictures throughout the wedding that showcase the colors...good luck!!!

            #26 Sandra&Mario

            Sandra&Mario
            • Jr. Member
            • 336 posts

              Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:28 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Scubadiva
              ooooo oooooo a blue, khaki, lime green, and a brown of some sort :) I think I like it :)
              all great colors, but i'd choose 2 as the majority and 1 as the accent color (the one that is used the least but will pop!)...tiffany blue and lime look amazing together, i've seen several weddings with that combination...maybe blue and khaki and use the lime as an accent!

              http://2.bp.blogspot....aic7641025.jpg

              {TIFFANY BLUE + LIGHT AQUA} WEDDING COLOR ~ INSPIRATION BOARD - Wedding Planning - Zimbio

              #27 *HOLLY*

              *HOLLY*
              • Banned
              • 3,639 posts

                Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:26 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jacilynda
                And if you want those bright pink flowers, do it!!! they'll really pop w/ those colors!
                I was thinking that but was not sure if that would be to much random color 

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Sandra&Mario
                you should go to a florist or even a craft store and see what colors you gravitate towards...go with what feels natural and draws you in, as opposed to what you think would look "nice" or "traditional"...sometimes there are certain color combination that you'd think, "ew, really!"...but they're so pretty.
                Great Idea. My FMIL told me she will help with the flowers if I choose to do a shade of some kind of blue, khaki, and lime green. The more I think about it the more I really like these colors. I am leaning towards the tiffany blue 

                #28 BeachBride10

                BeachBride10
                • Jr. Member
                • 169 posts

                  Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:38 PM

                  I am having the same problem as you. I know I want a beach theme and so my first thought was blue BM dresses and khaki, tiffany/aqua blue, and white calla lilies. Then after seeing other peoples pictures I really love fuchsia. I love how the fuchsia color on the BM dresses pops out and makes the blue ocean color pop out more than with blue dresses. When I think about doing fuchsia, I can't make up my mind about the accent color if I want blue/aqua or orange. I can't figure out how I want to do my tables and other decor with those combos either. I feel like fuchsia with blue or orange seems to set a more fun and party like atmosphere, while the khaki/blue combo seems more beachy/elegent. I am not looking for a real formal setting but don't really want it to be wild and party like so I really don't know what to do. Any suggestions?
                  http://global.thekno...rs/tt1cd71.aspx

                  Bride & Groom + 23 Guests Booked

                  #29 blushingbride

                  blushingbride
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 366 posts

                    Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:31 PM

                    I think those colors w/look great together. It's somewhat similar to ours: chocolate brown, ivory, taupe, with chartreuse accents. It helps to play around with color swatches and see what looks best with what, but you're on the right track.

                    #30 *HOLLY*

                    *HOLLY*
                    • Banned
                    • 3,639 posts

                      Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:25 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by BeachBride10
                      I am having the same problem as you. I know I want a beach theme and so my first thought was blue BM dresses and khaki, tiffany/aqua blue, and white calla lilies. Then after seeing other peoples pictures I really love fuchsia. I love how the fuchsia color on the BM dresses pops out and makes the blue ocean color pop out more than with blue dresses. When I think about doing fuchsia, I can't make up my mind about the accent color if I want blue/aqua or orange. I can't figure out how I want to do my tables and other decor with those combos either. I feel like fuchsia with blue or orange seems to set a more fun and party like atmosphere, while the khaki/blue combo seems more beachy/elegent. I am not looking for a real formal setting but don't really want it to be wild and party like so I really don't know what to do. Any suggestions?
                      My best friend said if I did pink and blue it would like an 80's party, hahaha. So I stepped away from that.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users