Photo

Too many colors!!!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#11 Chanti

Chanti
  • 310 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:53 AM

I didn't know what colours I wanted. Then I looked at websites with theme ideas and got my inspiration from The Knot: I love how they divide up themes based on colours. I seemed quite attracted to and inspired by the red theme. So I chose my flowers as gerber daisies: red, deep orange/yellow and dark pink. The wedding party's colour will be red. Good luck!!!

#12 H&F

H&F
    • 361 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:58 AM

It's so hard to choose! I'm going with Red, orange, and purple. My plan is to try to make one of the colors the primary focus. I'm also hoping to do different flower arrangements at each table (ex. one table primarily red with some purple & an accent of orange). Another table with primarily orange flowers with some red & an accent of purple. We'll see if this idea actually comes to fruition but at the moment that is what I'm thinking. I'd like to try to tie it all together with red tablecloths.

#13 canadianadia

canadianadia
      • 20 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:10 AM

I let my fiance choose the colors, but I reserved the right to veto his choice. He initially chose red and yellow, but I told him that I don't think a McWedding would be appropriate-haha!

We decided on red and looked at photos of weddings with the red themes to see what appealed to us, and later settled on red, white and black.

Does your fiance have a preference out of your chosen colors?

#14 BlakleyBrideToBe

BlakleyBrideToBe
        • 2,115 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:55 AM

I went to the Knot website and printed out the color themes I liked best and taped to my wall in my office. After two weeks I knew exactly which one I wanted. The Lavendar, Purple and Cream just keep calling out to me.

#15 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
          • Banned
          • 3,639 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:55 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by canadianadia
            I let my fiance choose the colors, but I reserved the right to veto his choice. He initially chose red and yellow, but I told him that I don't think a McWedding would be appropriate-haha!
            We decided on red and looked at photos of weddings with the red themes to see what appealed to us, and later settled on red, white and black.

Does your fiance have a preference out of your chosen colors?
            That is WAY to funny. I needed a laugh this morning.
            My FI likes blues. However as long as he does not need to help with the invites he doesnt care.

#16 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
            • 2,777 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:08 AM

I also used the knot. the knot shoes different color schemes and setups so you get an idea of what the colors look set up. I really wanted red and lime but joe saw fuschia and turquoise and liked it. Joe could really care less about the wedding as long as i show up, but whenever he has made a point that he likes something I go w/ it. It's OUR wedding, and he rarely give input so when he does I use it, it's nice to get his input!

Although, he wanted the star wars jedi theme to play as we walked down the aisle together. I wasnt thrilled w/ this but now he has to have it! I gave in, its 5 minutes of of our 7 hour ceremony, cocktail and reception. And I know there are a lot of things I put my foot down and said no I want this, so why isn't he allowed to do that?

#17 H&F

H&F
              • 361 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:50 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jacilynda
                I also used the knot. the knot shoes different color schemes and setups so you get an idea of what the colors look set up. I really wanted red and lime but joe saw fuschia and turquoise and liked it. Joe could really care less about the wedding as long as i show up, but whenever he has made a point that he likes something I go w/ it. It's OUR wedding, and he rarely give input so when he does I use it, it's nice to get his input!

Although, he wanted the star wars jedi theme to play as we walked down the aisle together. I wasnt thrilled w/ this but now he has to have it! I gave in, its 5 minutes of of our 7 hour ceremony, cocktail and reception. And I know there are a lot of things I put my foot down and said no I want this, so why isn't he allowed to do that?
                Hey Jacilynda, I was at a friend's wedding where they did the exact same thing with the star wars music! It was actually really cute and surprising! It's the only time where I've actually remembered what music was played during the ceremony. I think you'll love it!

#18 *Lo*

*Lo*
                • 2,993 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:54 PM

Haha yellow and red. My FI would suggest something like that as well!

He said he kind of wanted to wear an orange tie. So that could go with orange/pink colour combo, or if it was a coral orange, it could go with a beach theme.

I have been using the knot as well. I think I looked at EVERY single photo they had haha.

#19 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
                  • Banned
                  • 3,639 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:09 PM

Ok my FI wants blue and a linen color along with grass and coconut. Basically saying he wants the girls in grass skirts and coconuts, hahaha. Maybe Ill let him choose the colors so he feels he has some say in this :)

#20 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
                    • 2,777 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:11 PM

I actually like the idea of blue, linen/khaki/sand/tan, grass/lime green, and coconut/off white! You don't have to pick a set blue or set green, you can mix different shades.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users