Too many colors!!!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
  • Banned
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:46 PM

I cannot decide what colors I want for my wedding. I keep going back and forth on this. I have samples but I just do not know. I love the pinks and oranges however I like tans and blues. AHHHH. What made you choose your colors? Why is this so hard....

#2 Butterflyf369

Butterflyf369
    • 706 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:54 PM

I'm going with a white theme. It's raised some eyebrows but I love the idea of a "white affair" on the beach.

#3 Jenamie

Jenamie
      • 392 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:54 PM

I have a bunch of colors myself

I did ALL beach colors, mostly blues (Auqa and turquase) but I'm also doing yellows and greens and reds and oranges

guess with me I wanted Blues but did not want to over kill with blue and white and I'm doing the beach/tropical theam so I could do alot more colors

But if you like something just do it dont kill yourself choseing just two colors

#4 Jenamie

Jenamie
        • 392 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:07 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by MegaShay
          One thing I forgot to think about before I chose my colors was what type of flowers I wanted. That might help!
          Hahaha thats how I ended up with reds and oranges in my colors too, I like the flowers and did not want blue frowers to blend in too much with the girls

#5 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
          • Banned
          • 3,639 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:12 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by MegaShay
            One thing I forgot to think about before I chose my colors was what type of flowers I wanted. That might help!
            I want orchids and gerber daisies. I think about the flowers but it does make me go in either direction

#6 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:12 PM

I think you could easily include all those colors! I used orange, fuschia, deep turquoise, so you could add tan to that and it was be so pretty. If ya think about it, I had tan too, since we got married on the beach:-).

I really like the weddings I see that used one main color, but I also realllllly love colors. So there was no way I could narrow it down any further.

#7 estella1007

estella1007
              • 475 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:17 PM

It took me over a year to finally be sure of what colors I wanted. I changed my mind soooo many times. What helped me was starting a photo album on my computer where I saved pics that inspired me. Once you start to compile a bunch of things you love, a definite theme will emerge. From there you will be able to choose which colors seem right! Good luck with the planning!

#8 *Lo*

*Lo*
                • 2,993 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:31 PM

I am right there with you. I keep seeing bouquets of bright pinks and oranges and I never thought I was interested in those colors but the flowers are amazingly pretty. But then I am kind of leaning towards doing beachy colours as well like tan and coral and aqua type idea.

I have awhile to decide but I keep going back and forth as well!!

#9 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
                  • Banned
                  • 3,639 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:36 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by gossip girl
                    I am right there with you. I keep seeing bouquets of bright pinks and oranges and I never thought I was interested in those colors but the flowers are amazingly pretty. But then I am kind of leaning towards doing beachy colours as well like tan and coral and aqua type idea.

I have awhile to decide but I keep going back and forth as well!!
                    I felt the same way. I was like I would never choose those and all the ladies that have used those colors on this site have really changed my mind. They are beautiful. However I still see blues in my eyes. Can I have two weddings with different colors :) hahaha

#10 RCBlondie

RCBlondie
                    • 199 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:01 AM

This question seems like it should be so easy to answer but the more I ask people the more suggestions I get. I think finding out the flower options is probably a good start at the least. Glad to know that I am not the only struggling with this question.

Has anyone gone to a fabric store to look at colours or are you primarily looking at photos? I have heard that darker colours look great in the beach photos. Anyone else hear that?

Good luck to you all still out there trying to decide too.
                      Rachelle & Randal
                      June 2010
                      http://tickers.Ticke....90e1/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users