Shell Bouquet

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Martha

Martha
  • VIP Member
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:03 PM

I was flipping through my Modern Bride and came across this bouquet. Jokingly I asked Jay if he liked it. Turns out, he LOVES it. I never would have thought to use something like this...I am not really sure I like it, but since he has mentioned it several times, I think I might use one just for him.

If not, I think I might make several small ones for our table.

The picture is not that great...I couldn't find one online that looked like this, so I used my cell phone to take a picture. What do you think?

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 dragonfly

dragonfly
    • 1,820 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:37 AM

Can I be honest, I don't like it. I think a wedding needs flowers but if you do like it there is another thread somewhere on here. I think it's called "sea shell bouquets", check it out.
      Kelly~

#3 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
      • VIP Member
      • 2,347 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:13 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Just Martha
        I was flipping through my Modern Bride and came across this bouquet. Jokingly I asked Jay if he liked it. Turns out, he LOVES it. I never would have thought to use something like this...I am not really sure I like it, but since he has mentioned it several times, I think I might use one just for him.

If not, I think I might make several small ones for our table.

The picture is not that great...I couldn't find one online that looked like this, so I used my cell phone to take a picture. What do you think?

Click the image to open in full size.
        Hey Martha---
        My FSIL had found a website that had really pretty shell bouquet and centerpieces. I'll PM you the website when I get home tonight. But, in the post I had put on here about it, Leigh Miller pointed out that where the bouquets are concerned, they are really heavy to carry.

But, the website my FSIL had found had some cool hanging corsages for decorating a chuppah, etc... and some smaller ones that I thought would look good hanging from small shepherd's hooks at the ceremony...

#4 Martha

Martha
        • VIP Member
        • 3,906 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 09:32 AM

Didn't even think about it being heavy. Duh!

Well, I kinda scratched the idea of using it as a bouquet. I just wanted to do it because he thought it was so cool....

Thanks for the honest opinions!

#5 MERRYME

MERRYME
          • 324 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 11:45 AM

one other thing: those shells have really sharp points and could damage your dress if you rub agains the fabric. I've seen some other shell bouquets that were made with smaller rounder shells that were really prettty.
            Alegria Inn - Todos Santos
            22nd of December 2006

#6 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
            • VIP Member
            • 2,347 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:03 PM

Here's the ones my FSIL found---

PEARLY DESTINATION WEDDING COLLECTION, Beach Weddings, Seashell Bridal Bouquets & Pillows, Bridal Shower Favors

The hanging ones are pretty for decorating aisles, gazebos, etc...

#7 soulmates

soulmates
              • 538 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:05 PM

I'm not sure if I like it or not!!! Still thinking about it.

#8 MERRYME

MERRYME
                • 324 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:04 PM

Look at these. They actually look like real flowers & some are gorgeous. Don't know if I like the fake greenery but the shell flowers are really pretty.

Seashell wedding accessories, decorations and favors - Seashells in Bloom

Seashell wedding accessories, decorations and favors - Seashells in Bloom
                  Alegria Inn - Todos Santos
                  22nd of December 2006

#9 seka21

seka21
                  • 150 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:19 AM

I bought mine on Etsy and love them! Heavy though

#10 KathyandEthan

KathyandEthan
                    • 170 posts
                    • Wedding Date:April 18, 2015
                    • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire
                    • LocationCancun Mexico

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:08 PM

I think I would rather have silk flowers instead of the shells (if you didn't want to use real ones) the shells could mess up your dress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users