Any MOH or brisedmaids trying to slim down?

Desihue

Okay so my story is completely backwards but I’ll tell it anyway.

I was married in 2005 weighing around 190lbs. I had our daughter in 2006 and after she was born I was 204. In 2007 I started a low-carb lifestyle and lost 53lbs. I went from a size 18/20 to a size 7/8.

Click the image to open in full size.

By the end of 2009 and up to now I have gained 13 pounds and I’m now a 9/10; just being lazy. I have started working out again and eating right and I’m ready to get into my goal size 6 hopefully putting me around 140. I’m looking at roughly 24lbs to lose and as luck would have it I’m in my friends wedding in June of 2010. I’m so excited to be standing up in her wedding but here’s the kicker…I’m also turning 40 in 2010. I am trying to be looking super HOT when I hit the big *40*

I would love to have a buddy here to share this journey with me. I’m kinda tall, 5’6” and I’m sure yall are thinking that I look fine for my weight but I have this darn belly flab from the babies that I want gone! It doesn’t even have to be board flat but it needs to be gone more than it is now.

Anybody out there interested??

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you do a search within this subforum? There are lots of support threads for brides/whoever trying to lose weight. I am sure you will find the support you need there. Also, check out the link in my siggy for helpful links about the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
Did you do a search within this subforum? There are lots of support threads for brides/whoever trying to lose weight. I am sure you will find the support you need there. Also, check out the link in my siggy for helpful links about the forum.
Thanks so much for your response...I did check first and I didn't see anything that fit what I was trying to do. *i.e. MOH and turning 40* so I thought I'd start a thread and see if anyone else like me was here.

Wow! First of all congrats on your original weight loss, your before and after pictures are amazing! I can't believe you're turning 40!!! You look like you're about 25! I'm 5'6" and trying to shed a few pounds (30 to be exact) before my wedding in November. The forum has been a great support system :)

I'm also a MOH coming up this july and completely stressed about my weight. Trying to lose at least 0-15 pounds before then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSIE View Post
Wow! First of all congrats on your original weight loss, your before and after pictures are amazing! I can't believe you're turning 40!!! You look like you're about 25! I'm 5'6" and trying to shed a few pounds (30 to be exact) before my wedding in November. The forum has been a great support system :)

I'm also a MOH coming up this july and completely stressed about my weight. Trying to lose at least 0-15 pounds before then!
Thanks so much! I honestly donâ€t feel almost 39 either. *LOL*
Okay so it looks like weâ€re pretty much in the same boat with the height and weight.
What are you doing to lose? Have you committed to anything yet? I recommitted myself almost 2.5 weeks ago and actually have lost 7.5 pounds. So I figured Iâ€d get a ticker going and see if that keeps me motivated.

After trying 5 million things (low carb included) I decided to do it the right way and try to watch my calories and set a workout goal of 2 miles a day, 4X a week. I actually lost 30 lbs cutting out carbs, but not working out. but slowly gained it back over a 3 year period.

Last monday was my final straw and I joined www.sparkpeople.com which is free and you track all your meals and fitness. I also created a "spark page" and put a ticker on there and allowed others to see my "nutrition tracker" hoping that would keep me in check. I'm down 2 pounds (havent weighed since last wed.) so it could be more by now. I've done good with the workouts and only had a few meals I regret.

Whats your current plan? Great to hear you're losing already!

Woo-Hoo!! Congrats on the 2lb loss, Iâ€m sure youâ€re down more by now too, I only weigh once a week and tomorrow is my weigh in day. I call it weigh-in Wednesday.

Sparkpeople.com is awesome. I know a few people who have used that site as a tool to help them get things on track with diet and exercise. For some reason, me and carbs just do not get along. I have tried everything under the sun to lose weight and I always end up back low carbing. As a matter of fact, part of my problem was that I was trying to “do my own thing†with my weight loss for a few months and end up gaining because of all of the carbs. Iâ€m talking killer workouts included and everything but nothing seemed to work until I got a grip on my carb intake. Not only that, my body responds to weight loss really fast when I watch the carbs and for someone who is as impatient as I am, thatâ€s just an added bonus.

So my goal has been to get a minimum of two AM workouts a week in and 5-6 pm workouts in a week. I get the most bang for my buck when I do 2-a-days. (the am & pm workout in the same day) Iâ€m setting really small goals of 1-2 pounds a week although I know I can lose more than that if I really wanted to.

I am ready to start looking for dresses but I feel bigger than Iâ€d like so Iâ€m not going to look right now. No need to have a meltdown and scare my poor bride. :-)

Congrats to everyone losing weight :)

I'm working on getting down to 150 by next May from 230. I was about 160 - 165 when I started dating my fiance...picked up his awful eating habits, quit working out and was stress eating due to moving and ballooned.

I started eating better in early April and picked up my activity alot more recently (doing push ups, sit ups and running) and am now down to 210. I ordered my dress a size small in February - a 14 - and one of my BM's wanted to see it on me, I warned her it wouldn't zip all the way, but pull it as far as she could. She zipped it and said "It fits." I could have cried from happiness! I'm waiting for Jessica McClintock to get a size 12 in so I can exchange it. As long as they have the dress in the company in a size, I can keep exchanging it :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalM View Post
Congrats to everyone losing weight :)

I'm working on getting down to 150 by next May from 230. I was about 160 - 165 when I started dating my fiance...picked up his awful eating habits, quit working out and was stress eating due to moving and ballooned.

I started eating better in early April and picked up my activity alot more recently (doing push ups, sit ups and running) and am now down to 210. I ordered my dress a size small in February - a 14 - and one of my BM's wanted to see it on me, I warned her it wouldn't zip all the way, but pull it as far as she could. She zipped it and said "It fits." I could have cried from happiness! I'm waiting for Jessica McClintock to get a size 12 in so I can exchange it. As long as they have the dress in the company in a size, I can keep exchanging it :)
First off, I love your siggie!!
Congrats on your weight loss so farcheer2.gifI think it's awesome that you will be able to continue exchanging the dress as you shrink. Keep up the good work. I'm sure you'll meet your weight loss goal by next May. That's the great thing about all of this...we have time on our side right now. Please keep me posted on your progress...