Bridesmaid trouble

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#11 ashey063009

• 604 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:20 PM

It's funny how political a wedding can get. I don't think you should compromise your plans and incorporate her as a BM. Perhaps try to include her in another way-- have her deliver a poem at the ceremony, or act as MC on rehearsal night. (I don't know... just throwing it out there, lol)

I had a similar issue with my FMIL asking if FIs little cousin was going to be a BM-- I was totally thrown off, but calmly explained that, because it was going to be a smaller intimate wedding I was keeping only closest friends and family within the party. I find that if you let them know it is going to be informal and personal that most people understand-- and because you have only a smaller wedding party as it is, that explanation should make sense to her. :)

Good luck! I'm sure your day will be amazing no matter what!

#12 mmk1185

• 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:32 PM

Thank you all so much for the help! I just started planning and feel overwhelmed and a little lost sometimes. I didn't even think to incorporate her in another part of the wedding which would be a great idea. Thank you all again.. I'm not sure what I would do without these forums!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users