Photo

Purpose of Save The Dates

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 finleys7

finleys7
  • 703 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:28 PM

I think that 'Invitation To Follow' is good.

Attached is our save the date, they went out 2 weeks ago.

We have gotten SOOO man compliments. They are just very "us". We aren't formal at all

Attached Files

Shannon

YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
    Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

#12 Crystalballl

Crystalballl
    • 406 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 05:47 PM

Those are awesome!! We're not very formal either. I haven't made up my mind what i want to do for my Save the Date's yet.

#13 Dominican Ally

Dominican Ally
      • 400 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

I put invites to follow on mine as well - I think this clears things up for people who don't understand what STD is...

Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

49 Guests booked, and counting...

#14 Jonesy2012

Jonesy2012
        • 13 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:34 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm such a "newbie" here and my wedding is in October, 2012.  I noticed this post is really old but regarding the STD, I too am a bit confused. Is STD for the people you're inviting to the wedding, or is it meant for everyone.  If I send them STD, isn't this just the same as a "invitation"?

Hmmm...do we have to do STD? My wedding location has not been finalized.

Thanks a bunch ladies.

#15 DominicanLeila

DominicanLeila
          • 64 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:33 PM

Save the dates are for the people you are inviting to the wedding it's a way of giving people a heads up so they can save that day for your wedding. Invites usually are sent 2-3 months in advance (with all the details) which isn't always enough notice for people so it's courteous to do save the dates so people can make arrangements to attend. With a destination wedding I think it's important to invite or send a save the date at least a year in advance so people have plenty of time to save and make arrangements.

We are doing an invite now since we already have the location booked and I need to know how many people plan on attending so I can reserve the rooms. I figured why spend the $ on stds and invites.

Originally Posted by Jonesy2012 

Hi Everyone,

I'm such a "newbie" here and my wedding is in October, 2012.  I noticed this post is really old but regarding the STD, I too am a bit confused. Is STD for the people you're inviting to the wedding, or is it meant for everyone.  If I send them STD, isn't this just the same as a "invitation"?

Hmmm...do we have to do STD? My wedding location has not been finalized.

Thanks a bunch ladies.

#16 Jonesy2012

Jonesy2012
            • 13 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

Oh wow DominicanLelia, thank you so much.  I certainly have a better understanding now.

Best of luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users