Hi Everyone,

I'm such a "newbie" here and my wedding is in October, 2012.  I noticed this post is really old but regarding the STD, I too am a bit confused. Is STD for the people you're inviting to the wedding, or is it meant for everyone.  If I send them STD, isn't this just the same as a "invitation"?

Hmmm...do we have to do STD? My wedding location has not been finalized.

Thanks a bunch ladies.

Save the dates are for the people you are inviting to the wedding it's a way of giving people a heads up so they can save that day for your wedding. Invites usually are sent 2-3 months in advance (with all the details) which isn't always enough notice for people so it's courteous to do save the dates so people can make arrangements to attend. With a destination wedding I think it's important to invite or send a save the date at least a year in advance so people have plenty of time to save and make arrangements.

We are doing an invite now since we already have the location booked and I need to know how many people plan on attending so I can reserve the rooms. I figured why spend the $ on stds and invites.

Originally Posted by Jonesy2012 View Post

Hi Everyone,

I'm such a "newbie" here and my wedding is in October, 2012.  I noticed this post is really old but regarding the STD, I too am a bit confused. Is STD for the people you're inviting to the wedding, or is it meant for everyone.  If I send them STD, isn't this just the same as a "invitation"?

Hmmm...do we have to do STD? My wedding location has not been finalized.

Thanks a bunch ladies.