Anyone heard of/using SKY LANTERNS?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#51 bsf&jpg

• 222 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Karen Aucoin
    We ordered these and brought them in our carry-on to Dominican and had no problems. We passed them out at our reception and had everyone write on them...

We set a few off but it was too windy so we brought them home and are going to release the rest this summer as we live on a lake.

I have 7 left if anyone would like them, $15 plus shipping.
    Thx Karen! Good to hear, I may be interested in taking them off your hand. How much would sh be? I live in Houston, TX

#52 Tonir

• 283 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:55 AM

I ordered the floating lotus flowers and received them. I haven't tried them out yet, but I plan on floating them in the pool at the villa reception in memory of relatives that passed and couldn't be with us. I'll let you know how they work!

#53 BeachBride83

• 196 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:55 PM

This is such a great idea! Does anyone know if the Beaches resorts allow this? Particularly in Jamaica??
        Hey Everyone! I have booked Heather Parker to photograph my May 7, 2011 wedding in Negril, Jamaica. I am looking for someone that might want to share in the cost of her transportation/stay that will be getting married around the same time in the area. PM me if you are interested! Her work is...

#54 Ravywedding

• 183 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:17 PM

My FI and I let one go on one of the lanterns on our vacation in Spain. Took forever to light and launch and when it did fly, the thing caught on fire and got caught in a distant tree branch. My FI had to climb up and pull it off...luckily it had rained the night before...otherwise the tree may have caught on fire. We had more, but had lost all interest by then.

#55 Boo

• 785 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:23 AM

Wow I was super excited.. at first, yeah its just not worth the risk, the pictures are beautiful but I can see way too many things going wrong. I will stick to my flamess paper bag luminaries :)

#56 KGirl99

• 189 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:38 PM

Whoaa! that's a really cool idea. Now you got me thinking about using them for our reception...

#57 nikkidee1214

• 168 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:30 PM

those are great and theyre totally different it would be nice if each guest can release there own

#58 Teira1031

• 766 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:37 PM

Those are so beautiful! They would make some awesome pictures and the guests would LOVE it

#59 magirl

• 198 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:07 AM

these arep pretty but ai think I will pass on the floating open flames...I do however like the idea of floating them on the pool or soemthing...

#60 Sallee

• 255 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:25 AM

Does anyone know if we would be able to have these in Costa Rica?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users