Sign in to follow this  
bcbride

Anyone heard of/using SKY LANTERNS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Aucoin View Post
We ordered these and brought them in our carry-on to Dominican and had no problems. We passed them out at our reception and had everyone write on them...

We set a few off but it was too windy so we brought them home and are going to release the rest this summer as we live on a lake.

I have 7 left if anyone would like them, $15 plus shipping.
Thx Karen! Good to hear, I may be interested in taking them off your hand. How much would sh be? I live in Houston, TX

I ordered the floating lotus flowers and received them. I haven't tried them out yet, but I plan on floating them in the pool at the villa reception in memory of relatives that passed and couldn't be with us. I'll let you know how they work!

My FI and I let one go on one of the lanterns on our vacation in Spain. Took forever to light and launch and when it did fly, the thing caught on fire and got caught in a distant tree branch. My FI had to climb up and pull it off...luckily it had rained the night before...otherwise the tree may have caught on fire. We had more, but had lost all interest by then.

Wow I was super excited.. at first, yeah its just not worth the risk, the pictures are beautiful but I can see way too many things going wrong. I will stick to my flamess paper bag luminaries :)