Dreams Palm Beach?

I've also been in contact with Melani at DPB. I was really excited to book my wedding there, and expect 50-80 guests, but was told that more than 45 people must have a buffet style dinner which costs a minimum of $40pp plus tax. This is really disappointing to me and I don't know where they would have the buffet. I really am at such a loss of where to go when I don't have a tremendous budget and nearly 80 guests. My FI says we don't have to have dinner...another option is a 3 hour cocktail reception...but I just don't know.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi SAP! I hear ya about the cost. Unfortunately, I think pretty much all the resorts have an additional cost per person after a certain amount no matter what you do. I was originally booked at another resort and they had a "free dinner" but after a certain amount of people there was a charge. Not only that but there was a separate fee for the booze. From what I understand here, the booze (some...maybe not all) is included with the dinner package you choose. It is all so confusing because every resort offers different things so it is very hard to compare!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taratoons View Post
Welcome, Bhrd83! As I've said previously, I just returned from my site visit to Palm Beach, and I have many pictures, I just don't know how to add them! So if anyone wants pictures of anything in particular, just let me know your address and what you want and I'll send you what I have.

Erinsny, during our meeting with Melani, she told us they have 2 weddings per day at Dreams Palm Beach, max. So hopefully you won't have much to worry about. However, I believe the wedding photographers are the same ones that walk around during the day taking pictures of guests with the lizards, parrots and monkey, plus they do appointments for photography sessions for couples, etc. The pictures look really good, but I'm just saying that I don't blame you for being nervous about not actually booking times, in case they have something else they are previously committed to doing during your wedding!
Thanks Taratoons! I feel a bit better that there is only 2 weddings a day! I will make sure I contact Melani a few more times between now and then and see if she will let me confirm more than a week before we go. I am sure it will be fine...they do this stuff every day...it just doesn't ease my mind too much!

Hi Taratoons,

What did the banquet hall at DPB look like? Do you think a reception on the beach would be too windy? Do you know what they do in case of rain for the beach reception? Will they move it inside? So many questions!

If you have any pictures of the banquet hall, I would love to see them. Did you get a chance to see any weddings and/or receptions while you were there? If you have pics, I would love to see them. My email is jennifer_grine@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Hi Jdelia,

I wasn't a huge fan of the banquet hall at Dreams Palm Beach. I thought it was kind of dark and small feeling, but I wanted an outdoor reception anyway, so I'm probably biased. I've sent you some photos, the 2 of the banquet hall are each side of it, there's a partition in the middle that they can remove to double the size of the room (the partition was up when we visited it). In case of rain with a beach ceremony, they do the ceremony there, in the banquet hall.

I'm not sure about the wind, we were watching a movie on the beach one night and it was pretty windy, but it's not like we were getting slapped in the face with sand or anything. I guess it would depend on the time of year, and also what time you held your reception (the receptions have to end by 11pm).

I also attached a photo of where the beach ceremony is held. It's on a more quiet side of the beach (the private beach for the Preferred Club), and all the lounge chairs and everything would obviously be removed.

The only wedding we saw was a bride and groom only at the gazebo. I've sent a picture, but there's really not that much to see, because they didn't need to do any set-up or anything.

Anything else, just let me know! :0)

Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by taratoons View Post
Hi Jdelia,

I wasn't a huge fan of the banquet hall at Dreams Palm Beach. I thought it was kind of dark and small feeling, but I wanted an outdoor reception anyway, so I'm probably biased. I've sent you some photos, the 2 of the banquet hall are each side of it, there's a partition in the middle that they can remove to double the size of the room (the partition was up when we visited it). In case of rain with a beach ceremony, they do the ceremony there, in the banquet hall.

I'm not sure about the wind, we were watching a movie on the beach one night and it was pretty windy, but it's not like we were getting slapped in the face with sand or anything. I guess it would depend on the time of year, and also what time you held your reception (the receptions have to end by 11pm).

I also attached a photo of where the beach ceremony is held. It's on a more quiet side of the beach (the private beach for the Preferred Club), and all the lounge chairs and everything would obviously be removed.

The only wedding we saw was a bride and groom only at the gazebo. I've sent a picture, but there's really not that much to see, because they didn't need to do any set-up or anything.

Anything else, just let me know! :0)

Tara
So there is seriously nowhere else they have "receptions", wedding dinners besides the beach or the banquet hall? That kind of stinks!

Not according to what Melani told me, and showed me. They can't reserve the a la carte restaurants, and they don't have any terraces. For a welcome dinner or rehearsal dinner, she said they could reserve off part of the buffet, but it wouldn't be very private. I have officially confirmed my date with Dreams Punta Cana, but I will keep updated on this thread, as I really did enjoy my time at Dreams Palm Beach, and would love to share any information that people need!

Has anyone gotten pricing from Ontario, (Canada) to DPB or DPC? I spoke to my travel agent yesterday and he said both Dreams properties are coming in at a really high price and are way out of my budget sad.gif

I really don't want my guests going broke over our wedding because I know they will come no matter what!