• Please log in to reply
789 replies to this topic

#431 elizabethrodriguez314

elizabethrodriguez314
  • 232 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:21 PM

thats great and how about the flights?

Originally Posted by CCin331 

Hey Elizabeth, I'm glad your trip went well and that you were able to put any worries about the resort to rest. Thanks for the info. I am using a Travel Agent from Cruise One @ www.cruiseone.com. They specialize in cruises but she happens to be a family friend. Our group rates are as follows: 4Nights (double occupancy) $468.54 pp/pn, 4 Nights (single occupancy) $661.20, & 7Nights (double occupancy) $786.60.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elizabethrodriguez314 

wow 25 booked thats great? what travel agent are you using and what rates are ypou getting so far?

Quote:

We are getting married at home first as well and then doing a religious ceremony at the resort with Pastor York which he follows up with the symbolic ceremony. Based on the vows and the ceremony he sent me, it seems quite beautiful and perfect for what I truly wanted for both my FI and myself as well as our guests.

#432 elizabethrodriguez314

elizabethrodriguez314
    • 232 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:23 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by vcwedding2011 

FYI

When i received group rate info from the hotel, they also mentioned that if we did not want to go through the hotel, we could use apple vacations for the same rates.  they actually have staff onsite at the hotel.  The rates they quoted me are in line with those shared by CCin331.

#433 elizabethrodriguez314

elizabethrodriguez314
      • 232 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:25 PM

Quote:

FYI

When i received group rate info from the hotel, they also mentioned that if we did not want to go through the hotel, we could use apple vacations for the same rates.  they actually have staff onsite at the hotel.  The rates they quoted me are in line with those shared by CCin331.

#434 vcwedding2011

vcwedding2011
        • 286 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:39 AM

No flights yet for nov of 2011.  I have to wait until December for those rates because you can only book flights 11 months out.

Quote:

FYI

#435 engagedjuly30th

engagedjuly30th
          • 24 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:15 AM

Hi everyone.  I'm in the process of booking our wedding this coming March.  My question is are you all booking the honeymoon suite or a regular room?  For the amount of time we're staying the honeymoon suite is more than $2,000 and I'm not sure.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

#436 elizabethrodriguez314

elizabethrodriguez314
            • 232 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:24 AM

hey how about the flights? are u leaving from jfk? or newark?

Hey Elizabeth, I'm glad your trip went well and that you were able to put any worries about the resort to rest. Thanks for the info. I am using a Travel Agent from Cruise One @ www.cruiseone.com. They specialize in cruises but she happens to be a family friend. Our group rates are as follows: 4Nights (double occupancy) $468.54 pp/pn, 4 Nights (single occupancy) $661.20, & 7Nights (double occupancy) $786.60.

Quote:

wow 25 booked thats great? what travel agent are you using and what rates are ypou getting so far?

Quote:

We are getting married at home first as well and then doing a religious ceremony at the resort with Pastor York which he follows up with the symbolic ceremony. Based on the vows and the ceremony he sent me, it seems quite beautiful and perfect for what I truly wanted for both my FI and myself as well as our guests.

#437 vcwedding2011

vcwedding2011
              • 286 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:48 AM

We are booking a regular room because we are traveling with kids and no kids are allowed in the suites

Originally Posted by engagedjuly30th 

Hi everyone.  I'm in the process of booking our wedding this coming March.  My question is are you all booking the honeymoon suite or a regular room?  For the amount of time we're staying the honeymoon suite is more than $2,000 and I'm not sure.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

#438 pnavaretta

pnavaretta
                • 15 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:06 PM

Hey everyone any pictures would be greatly appreciated if you have already been married at DPB or visited. Thanks :)

#439 elizabethrodriguez314

elizabethrodriguez314
                  • 232 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:51 PM

really no kids? are u serious? i have never heard that!

We are booking a regular room because we are traveling with kids and no kids are allowed in the suites

Quote:

#440 vcwedding2011

vcwedding2011
                    • 286 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:11 AM

Unfortunately.  It's not that they dont let kids stay in the rooms its just that they have to be at least 13 years old.

I am not sure what the deal is.  I even checked on Expedia to see if this was a something other vendors had as a rule and got the same.

I am not sure why the big deal.

I see you are in NY, who are booking through?

elizabethrodriguez314 

really no kids? are u serious? i have never heard that!

Quote:

Back to Destination Weddings in Dominican Republic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users