• 232 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 05:27 PM

Mys T,

enjoy, good luck and have fun=)

#202 Canadiansandy

Canadiansandy
    • 355 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 07:55 PM

Congrats MysTea! I can't wait to read your review and see your pictures! We're getting married at DPB May 4th 2011. I can't wait!! We are doing the ceremony on the beach (5:30pm - with Pastor Rick York), followed by cocktails and a private reception in a banquet room. Right now we're doing the free package, and adding some things on. We've booked HDC for our photography, and DJ Mannia for the tunes!

btw, I just want to second going to the Facebook group for DPB brides, it's been really helpful for me, esp seeing all the pictures! I can't wait until it's actually my turn to get married there!! :)

Sandy & Aaron ~ May 4, 2011 ~ Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana ------ Bride & Groom + 30 booked! (and counting)

#203 elizabethrodriguez314

elizabethrodriguez314
      • 232 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:45 PM

HEY CANADIAN WHO IS DOING YOUR DECOR FOR THE RECEPTION?

#204 dreamsmaybride

dreamsmaybride
        • 168 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:32 PM

Canadiansandy - are you finding it cheaper to go with the free wedding & add your own elements vs one of their packages?  I'm getting married there May 11, 2011 & so far have gone with the Dreams of Love package.

#205 Canadiansandy

Canadiansandy
          • 355 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:05 PM

elizabeth - I'm not sure what you mean by decor? We've chosen the free package, which doesn't include any decor. We may add some things, like coloured table cloths. We may bring down candles or petals or something for the tables, but we aren't going all out on decor. Hope that answers your question...

dreamsmaybride - we budgeted our wedding according to what we want to pay - which isn't much! My parents have since told us they'd like to help out, and as such we might either choose more add-ons or go up a package. When we originally looked at what we wanted to spend, it made sense for us to do the free package with just a couple add-ons. We will re-evaluate things in a few months (Melani said we can change our package types at any time), but for now this makes the most sense for us.

dreamsmaybride - you're getting married exactly a week after us! what time of day is your wedding? and what kind of reception are you doing?

Sandy & Aaron ~ May 4, 2011 ~ Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana ------ Bride & Groom + 30 booked! (and counting)

#206 elizabethrodriguez314

elizabethrodriguez314
            • 232 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:10 AM

thanks canadian thats what i mean about decor like flowers, table cloth lighting anything like that=) Happy planning

#207 dreamsmaybride

dreamsmaybride
              • 168 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:59 AM

elizabeth - I'm not sure what you mean by decor? We've chosen the free package, which doesn't include any decor. We may add some things, like coloured table cloths. We may bring down candles or petals or something for the tables, but we aren't going all out on decor. Hope that answers your question...   dreamsmaybride - we budgeted our wedding according to what we want to pay - which isn't much! My parents have since told us they'd like to help out, and as such we might either choose more add-ons or go up a package. When we originally looked at what we wanted to spend, it made sense for us to do the free package with just a couple add-ons. We will re-evaluate things in a few months (Melani said we can change our package types at any time), but for now this makes the most sense for us.   dreamsmaybride - you're getting married exactly a week after us! what time of day is your wedding? and what kind of reception are you doing?

Canadian - We are exactly one week after you!!  We've booked 5:30 on the beach!!  As for our reception I haven't gotten into too much with Melani yet.  I originally told her I wanted either poolside or beach but haven't fully made up my mind yet.  Like you I don't want to spend too much money & was even questioning the package but figure I still have a few months to hammer out the details & make a final decision.  Have you made any toher decisions (besides HDC) yet?

#208 Canadiansandy

Canadiansandy
                • 355 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:49 AM

dreamsmaybride - I think it's so funny that you're getting married at the same time, exactly a week after us! How do you feel about your time? I originally wanted it earlier, like 4 or 4:30 but I'm warming up to 5:30 :) We've booked Pastor Rick York to do the ceremony (we are doing a symbolic ceremony, getting legally married in Calgary a few weeks before). We've also booked DJ Mannia for our reception in one of the banquet rooms. I originally wanted to have the reception on the beach too, but then you have to do the buffet, and we prefer a sit down dinner. The thing I love about DPB is that you can change so much when you get down there! Nothing seems to be written in stone, which I love, because it's hard to make these decisions without being there!

How many people are you expecting for your wedding? We're hoping for 30-45.

#209 CampbellSoup

CampbellSoup
                  • 31 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Canadiansandy 

dreamsmaybride - I think it's so funny that you're getting married at the same time, exactly a week after us! How do you feel about your time? I originally wanted it earlier, like 4 or 4:30 but I'm warming up to 5:30 :) We've booked Pastor Rick York to do the ceremony (we are doing a symbolic ceremony, getting legally married in Calgary a few weeks before). We've also booked DJ Mannia for our reception in one of the banquet rooms. I originally wanted to have the reception on the beach too, but then you have to do the buffet, and we prefer a sit down dinner. The thing I love about DPB is that you can change so much when you get down there! Nothing seems to be written in stone, which I love, because it's hard to make these decisions without being there!

How many people are you expecting for your wedding? We're hoping for 30-45.

So you absolutely have to have a buffet for a reception on the beach??? I might have to rethink that. Have you seen any photos of a reception in the banquet rooms?

Dreams Palm Beach ~ June 18, 2011 ~ Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

#210 Canadiansandy

Canadiansandy
                    • 355 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:09 AM

That's what Melani told me, yes. You don't have to have min. 50 people like the wedding brochure says, she was willing to do a buffet for 35, but you have to do the buffet it the dinner is outdoors.

There are tons of pictures on Facebook - you should join the group Dreams Palm Beach Brides! I found tons of pics of the banquet rooms, ceremonies on the beach, etc.

Does anyone here know - when you choose a menu (silver, for example) - do your guests get to choose the option they want for each course, or do you as the bride and groom choose one option for each course and guests get no choice? It says 'choose 1' on all the menus, and I'm confused about whether that means we choose 1 for everyone, or guests choose what they want from the options...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users