Sign in to follow this  
taratoons

Dreams Palm Beach?

Hey everyone!

So my fiance and I are basically deciding between the 2 Dreams resorts in Punta Cana. I see a lot of posts on Dreams Punta Cana, but not much on Dreams Palm Beach. Just wondering if anyone has been there, or had there wedding their, and what they thought? We're going on a planning trip in June to see both, but it would be great to hear it from any of you! Any information would be great! :0)

Thanks!

Tara

Good Morning Tratoons! I was wondering the same thing. I know that Dreams Palm Beach is much closer to the airport. I have my wedding date reserved at the Majestic but they still don't have room rates available so I am looking at the 2 Dreams Resorts as backup since they do have thier room rates out. I hope someone out there has info on Palm Beach!

I think that Dreams Palm Beach only recently opened it doors so that's probably why there isn't too much information out there for you. The Dreams Punta Cana resort is gorgeous! You probably won't go wrong with either one of them.

I would try tripadvisor for reviews on Dreams Palm Beach. They also have pictures taken by travellers! Have fun looking.

Hey everyone!

Well Dreams Palm Beach was formerly Sunscape Punta Cana. They just changed over in December of 2008, so I'm sure that's why there's not much information, but if anyone knows anything about it, please post! From what I've heard/seen, the Dreams resorts are cheaper than the Majestic (though the Majestic is beautiful), but also, Dreams Palm Beach appears to be cheaper than Dreams Punta Cana. Anyway, I'm heading there mid-June, so I will add some information and photos (if I can figure out how! :0P) when I get back!

I have been seriously considering Dreams Palm Beach. It seems to have been remodeled when it became Dreams in 2008, so everything looks very nice. I would love to hear from anyone who has been married or attended a wedding there.

Thanks!

Jen

Well I'm glad to see some other people interested in Dreams Palm Beach! Let's pool any information we get regarding Dreams Palm Beach, since there isn't a lot out there! As I said, I will post a review of the resort after I go in June. I'm really hoping I love it, since it's only 10 minutes from the airport! :0)

I contacted the wedding coordinator at this resort and they got back to me right away and actually my travel agent is down there right now. I will check to see what information the wedding coordinator sent me and see if it is anything different than what is on the website. I will also let you know what my travel agent says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinsny24 View Post
I contacted the wedding coordinator at this resort and they got back to me right away and actually my travel agent is down there right now. I will check to see what information the wedding coordinator sent me and see if it is anything different than what is on the website. I will also let you know what my travel agent says.
The Melia Caribe and Dreams Palm Beach are my top two resort choices right now, so I've been in touch with the WC, Melani, there as well and let me just tell you that if I could pick a resort based on the WC communication alone I think I would pick Dreams Palm Beach! She's been great, and the pricing there is so reasonable. My FI reallys wants to go to the Melia because of the free golf but I am secretly (er, ok, maybe not so secretly!) hoping that the travel pricing will be better for Dreams Palm Beach so we can go there instead :)