Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
taratoons

Dreams Palm Beach?

Recommended Posts


I am trying to contact Jellyfish for an inclusive price list not getting replies...
 

Originally Posted by Mel2010 View Post

Hey ladies, although we are not getting married at DPB, we are planning on staying at this resort from Nov23-30, 2011. We have chosen to have our wedding at the JellyFish restaurant. I just read the latest thread about not being able to bring an outside photographer.  This is worrying me as I was planning on getting ready at the hotel and having pics taken there before we head off to the restaurant. Think there is a way around this? Like say...I bring our photographer in as "a guest". He would only be there maybe 1hr before we leave for the restaurant. This really sucks if I can't bring my photographer to the resort....any suggestions as to what I should do? :(



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where did you hear that Dreams is no longer allowing outside photographers? I haven't heard anything of it. I just emailed Melani about it a few months ago and she said it was fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I PM'd you.
 

Originally Posted by dreamspb11711 View Post


I am trying to contact Jellyfish for an inclusive price list not getting replies...
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Jenleah,

 

Please let me know what Melani's response is - as I'm stressing out about this now. :S 
 

Originally Posted by jenleah View Post

Where did you hear that Dreams is no longer allowing outside photographers? I haven't heard anything of it. I just emailed Melani about it a few months ago and she said it was fine.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Argh, nevermind my last post. I quickly read "that you sent Melani an email" lol. I'll send her an email tonight to find out the deets on this. I'll keep you ladies posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



i sent her an email last week and have not heard back from her which is very disturbing. Only my photograper emailed me back.  This is so annoying and I feel that every bride that has a confirmation so far should have received notice, it is making me doubt my decision not like i could do anything about it now. :(

Originally Posted by Mel2010 View Post

Argh, nevermind my last post. I quickly read "that you sent Melani an email" lol. I'll send her an email tonight to find out the deets on this. I'll keep you ladies posted.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry that you haven't heard back from her yet. I know this resort coordinates at least 2 weddings a day. So imagine coordinating 10-14 weddings a week -- that's insane! I'm sure she'll get back to you soon. Jan-Apr are really busy months too! But Melani usually replies within 1-2 days, so maybe she's just swamped right now.
 

Originally Posted by plamento View Post



i sent her an email last week and have not heard back from her which is very disturbing. Only my photograper emailed me back.  This is so annoying and I feel that every bride that has a confirmation so far should have received notice, it is making me doubt my decision not like i could do anything about it now. :(



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies, I just heard from my photographer and she's informed me that not only has Dreams reversed their decision but they have also removed the required day pass to let them onsite! You can once again use an outside photographer and not pay for their day pass!! Has anyone else heard this??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard back from HDC and they said that the hotel got so many complaints they took the rule away.

 

That was one thing I was ready to complain about ALLLL the way.

 

I am still waiting to hear from Melani though.  She has not responded to me yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They did reverse the decision and the info was posted on the Dreams Punta Cana discussion forum. Also, the daily pass fee for an outside photographer was removed :) so happy about this decision!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×