Photo

Reserving the date

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 1more2wed

1more2wed
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:33 PM

We are planning a wedding for spring 2010 and not quite sure where to start. We have narrowed down the choice of resort but can't get 2010 pricing yet with the tour operators. Should we be contacting the wedding planner and reserving the date at the resort and then wait for the travel prices to come out? What have others done?

#2 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 02:52 PM

Pricing is usually available for the resorts 12 months in advance, so you shouldn't have a problem getting resort pricing at this time for a Spring 2010 wedding. Airfares came out a bit later for us, but once we knew the resort pricing, we were comfortable reserving our date.

#3 1more2wed

1more2wed
      • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:11 PM

Thanks for the information. I guess we should go to the resort website first and then email them asking for a date.

#4 KimmyG

KimmyG
        • 520 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:40 AM

We reserved our wedding date at the resort before any pricing was available. I wanted to wait but many of our possible dates were already booked and i didn't want to risk being too late!

#5 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
          • 5,705 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:42 AM

Good luck with the planning!!

#6 jrprice24

jrprice24
            • 91 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:24 AM

We also reserved our date before we had the resort reserved. The WC had me fill out a form for the wedding. I signed it and then faxed it back so she has my signature. She isn't able to confirm the date until she has our wedding resort confirmation number but it makes me feel better knowing that she has my date.
              I am now Mrs. Rohwedder!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users