Photo

Marriage License in Hawaii

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vivrant_thing

vivrant_thing
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 05:37 PM

Our wedding plans involve arriving in Oahu on a Friday night, with the wedding on the following Sunday. Then I just realized that the Marriage license office is only open on weekdays until 4pm!!
    After doing a little research, however, I found this information -

"However, special arrangements have been made to accommodate visitors needing a marriage license who arrive on Oahu on Friday with plans to get married over the weekend. Private marriage license agents who currently serve the public and issue marriage licenses after hours, on weekends and holidays will be available by appointment to issue immediately-needed marriage licenses on Fridays.
    Couples immediately needing a marriage license because of same weekend wedding plans may call the following agents to schedule an appointment for a marriage license. "

[taken from ]Welcome to Visit-Oahu.com

Can anyone please verify this?? I would really like to know before I book our flights (which actually already went up from last week )
    Thanks ladies!!

#2 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:33 AM

where are you getting married? our venue took care of this for us and we did it all in their office!

#3 vivrant_thing

vivrant_thing
      • 56 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:52 AM

thats awesome! unfortunately we have to do it on our own. i emailed the wc about our situation though , maybe they will try to work something out? *crosses fingers* if not though, i'll try callin the number posted on the site.
        btw your wedding photos are absolutely BREATH TAKING!! omg... i would love to have my wedding at the Kona village but its too pricey for us.. it looks totally worth every penny though!
        i'm in awe. LOL!

#4 Alyssa

Alyssa
        • 11,793 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:48 AM

Thank you!!! we LOVED Kona Village - it was AMAZING!
          I really hope the WC can work it out for you with the marriage license :)

#5 vivrant_thing

vivrant_thing
          • 56 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:59 PM

thanks! I called them today & they referred me to someone who can do it on saturdays so that's a huge relief!

#6 Alyssa

Alyssa
            • 11,793 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:28 AM

that is awesome!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users