Photo

Initial RSVP HELP!!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheFutureMrs.Sears

TheFutureMrs.Sears
  • 734 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:08 PM

I couldn't find a thread on this, so if there is one I apologize. I want to send a tentative RSVP with my STD's so that I can get an idea of who may or may not be attending, but I have no idea how long to give them to respond. I'm getting married in July of 2010 and I'm sending out my STD's next month so that all of my guests have exactly one year notice.

Is there some type of etiquette time frame that I'm supposed to give my guests or is it whenever I want them to

Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://global.thekno...rs/tt44496.aspx

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
    http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#2 browneyedgirl

browneyedgirl
    • 22 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:24 PM

We are doing the same thing and also wondered how long to give people to respond. We are thinking 6 weeks but I'll be interested in seeing what other people think.

#3 DarcyJAde

DarcyJAde
      • 305 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:33 AM

I asked people via e-mail if they could RSVP on our website to get a general idea. Not everyone did it, though many people did.
        http://img.weddingco...r/8vbdydmgt.png

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGP
        [/SIGPIC] 40 PEOPLE BOOKED!!!

#4 liujessicam

liujessicam
        • 25 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:41 PM

I would really be interested in knowing if there is etiquette for this!

I sent my boarding pass save the dates 2 weeks ago and not many guests have visited our website...I'm thinking it's because they may be lazy and don't want to type out our website address or maybe they think it's so far in advance that they don't need to RSVP or maybe...they just don't like us

either way, I am concerened because I know of 4 other brides getting married in the same week at the Majestic Colonial and I'm worried there won't be enough rooms if the other brides have families and friends who aren't fence sitters! soooo frustrating!

#5 ikupoo

ikupoo
          • 171 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:09 AM

STD is useful in letting people know about the event, but I don't know how much of a help it'll be to assess the number of guests. Almost everyone kept changing their minds until the very last moment, even after the deadline! From my experience, my guests all said "yes!!!!" and slowly started to pull out one by one.
            You woudn't want to send it too early, because some people will just forget about it that far in advance. I sent the STD about 7-8 months before the event. Then I sent the invite about 3-4 months before the event to remind people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users