Friends booking rooms for wedding??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Torrie11

Torrie11
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:37 PM

Hi Everyone!
    Ok, so I have tried to get in contact with a Wedding Coordinator at the Grand Oasis but haven't been contacted yet... I just have a question so that I can start to let people know what is going on! My family will all be booking together, but my question is what do friends do? Does the hotel have some kind of code you would use? I will be booking through Applevacations which I have used before and liked... but I'm confused how they will know when friends book that they are with us?? I have about 30 people on our list that I think will actually make the trip...Do I have to book directly with the hotel?? Sorry if this doesn't make sense! lol Thanks everyone for your help:)

#2 itsfinallyhere

itsfinallyhere
    • 573 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:06 AM

If your friends can I would have them book through your travel agency or agent. They will be able to insure that you are all together.

#3 Mexico984

Mexico984
      • 10 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:52 PM

The deal should be made directly with the agent and you should be able to get a group discount for over 10 bookings. Discuss this with your agent and then let people know. if they find a better deal elsewhere then let them book through another agent but you should be able to get a group booking.

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 23 May 2009 - 05:00 PM

i would talk to TA Jill or TA Jennifer on here. they both do alot of cnacun and TA jill is a former dreams cancun bride. It is alot easier to have a contact person for your guests.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 MissyR

MissyR
        • 1,210 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:32 PM

I agree with Tammy. It's much easier for you to have a TA to act as a liason between you and your guests and your guests and the hotel/travel company.

#6 Torrie11

Torrie11
          • 9 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:33 PM

Thank you guys! I have contacted Jill from here:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users