Photo

Anyone here do drastic measures? Peels, lasers, ect?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 Chanti

Chanti
  • 310 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:17 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tylersgirl
    Hey Lisa-I had the peels and micro done at a salon that specialized in it. A skin care spa place. I can't remember exactly how many treatments of each, but I want to say 4-6 treatments. When I went they told me exactly how many treatments I would need to get rid of the scarring. Hope that helps. I really recommend this combo!
    Hey Desiree, thanks for this post! I looked up treatments in spas near our place, and I found a package for 2 chemical peels and 2 microdermabrasion treatments for $323 (Canadian dollars!). I'm leaving in less than 1 month, so they will arrange 2 treatments before I leave, which is better than nothing, and will complete the course upon my return. I had really bad acne as a teenager, and frustratingly, started adult acne about 2 years ago. I don't want a break-out while we're there, and wish to try to minimize the scarring. I had never even thought of these treatments until this thread started.

Thanks again girls!!!

Chantal

#12 michelle6114

michelle6114
    • 209 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:43 PM

Several places told me that if I had microdermabrasion alone, I would need about 8-10 consistant treatments. Around here, with tips it cost about $1000 for all that.

#13 beach2009

beach2009
      • 299 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:07 PM

I'd love to have a series of IPL treatments, thermage for the eyes, and restylane lip injections... sigh... it's just not in the budget.
        So, I'm just eating healthy, taking vitamins & working out to look my best for the wedding day :)

#14 dear tulip

dear tulip
        • 46 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:23 PM

Wow ...I don't think I can spend a fortune on this after all the wedding expenses ... I don't have acne problem, but I have a few freckles on my cheeks. Well, I am taking collegen powder every day, so hopefully my skin will look nicer in a month!

#15 annieanddaryl

annieanddaryl
          • 104 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:40 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Chanti
            Hey Desiree, thanks for this post! I looked up treatments in spas near our place, and I found a package for 2 chemical peels and 2 microdermabrasion treatments for $323 (Canadian dollars!). I'm leaving in less than 1 month, so they will arrange 2 treatments before I leave, which is better than nothing, and will complete the course upon my return. I had really bad acne as a teenager, and frustratingly, started adult acne about 2 years ago. I don't want a break-out while we're there, and wish to try to minimize the scarring. I had never even thought of these treatments until this thread started.

Thanks again girls!!!

Chantal

Oh Chantal, would you be able to PM me the places you called for these treatments? I wouldn't mind inquiring as well. I'm in Toronto too.

Were there any that you heard good referrals about?

#16 Chanti

Chanti
            • 310 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:48 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by annieanddaryl
              Oh Chantal, would you be able to PM me the places you called for these treatments? I wouldn't mind inquiring as well. I'm in Toronto too.

Were there any that you heard good referrals about?
              Yes actually, I've had referrals for the place I go to. It's in Pickering but worth it for me! Will PM you :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users