DIY - Guest Book Pages (Pic in Post)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 tvt

tvt
  • VIP Member
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 09:58 PM

I love this idea! I would have never thought of it!! So did you ask each guest to send you a picture?

#22 RAENJAY

RAENJAY
    • 550 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 23, 2007
    • Wedding Location:RIU Cabo
    • LocationCharlotte

Posted 10 June 2007 - 06:10 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by michelle08
    Stephanie,

Those are great pages...I am a scrapbooker and I was planning on doing something like that too. I will never look back at a regular guest book. So are you just bringing the loose pages and then will put them into the album when you get home....?
    I am taking just the loose pages, and then will put them in the album after I get home. They will go into a large 12x12 album, and the pages are only 6x6.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tvt
    I love this idea! I would have never thought of it!! So did you ask each guest to send you a picture?
    I have assigned the bridesmaids with the task of getting a picture of each couple the night of the wedding, that picture will go on the page. Then that will picture will be included in their thank you cards, in a frame.
    Stephanie & Jason ~ RIU Palace ~ Cabo San Lucas
    June 23, 2007
    Visit our wedding slideshow Stephanie & Jason
    Photography by Jose "Pepe" Lima

#23 Heligirl

Heligirl
    • 97 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:15 AM

Thanks for the idea!!

#24 jajajaja

jajajaja
      • VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 12:15 AM

Great idea. I've been bouncing ideas around in my head for a guest book and this is awesome!

Thanks for sharing!
        Happily married since 2008

#25 *JillD*

*JillD*
        • 5,112 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:48 PM

Ok Stephanie, the questions are starting, lol!!

I bought my first round of materials today, there is so much stuff you can buy!! I made sure to look for acid & lignin free stuff.

I have one question. I bought these sheets with quotes on them, like the love one you have, I think they're on vellum, but I have no idea what to do with them! Do I just cut them out and put them on the paper or am I supposed to iron them or something. The thought of ironing something on paper kind of scares me and this is probably the dumbest question you've ever heard but I really have no idea what I'm doing!

#26 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:04 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jilly76
          Ok Stephanie, the questions are starting, lol!!

I bought my first round of materials today, there is so much stuff you can buy!! I made sure to look for acid & lignin free stuff.

I have one question. I bought these sheets with quotes on them, like the love one you have, I think they're on vellum, but I have no idea what to do with them! Do I just cut them out and put them on the paper or am I supposed to iron them or something. The thought of ironing something on paper kind of scares me and this is probably the dumbest question you've ever heard but I really have no idea what I'm doing!
          you actually apply those to the paper with a popsicle stick (weird right) they are rub ons...and make sure you rub it all the way on or you will get part of a quote...do a practice one first...

I think Stephanie might be leaving this weekend, so let me know if you have any other questions, I did something similar to hers (but hers is way better!!!)
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#27 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:22 PM

I thought maybe we were supposed to rub them but we tried that and it didn't really seem to work either, is it because we tried it on a piece of notebook paper or maybe we didn't rub long enough? I feel like an idiot but I can't figure it out!

When I looked at stephanies, hers kind of looked like the piece of vellum just cut out and pasted on, but I could be wrong.

Mine won't be as good as hers either, but I'll try really hard, lol!

#28 Christine

Christine
            • VIP Member
            • 21,514 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
            • Wedding Location:Napa, California
            • LocationReno, NV

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:26 PM

I think you are right about it being the straight vellum...hmm that is why I just printed mine out from the computer
            Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#29 *JillD*

*JillD*
            • 5,112 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:28 PM

I was planning to print them from the computer, but then I saw these today at the store and they were inexpensive, so I thought, oh, this is so much easier, lol!! Obviously I've never done this before! I think I'll just cut them out and paste them on, I think they'll look fine. Thank you for your help!

#30 Natasha92907

Natasha92907
              • 56 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:16 PM

It looks great!! I was planning on buying from the Guestbook store, but now I may try my hand at doing it myself...
                http://www.ezticker.......!/ticker.png

Invitations are out! YES: 25 NO: 11 UNDECIDED: 118
                Bert and Natasha's Wedding Website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users