Photo

Post-Wedding: Anyone else feel this way?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rhonda

Rhonda
  • 270 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:13 PM

Ever since we got back from our wedding and honeymoon last week, I've had no motivation to do ANYTHING! I've been sleeping like 9-10 hours per night and it is feeling like an effort for me to want to do anything. At work, I can't stay focused and I am not feeling very productive. Normally, I have a lot of energy and I am known by my friends and family that I am always working on something and keeping busy. SO, this feels very weird. I don't think I'm depressed. I'm just wondering if others had this same experience after their wedding? IF so, how long did it last?

#2 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:28 PM

Post wedding blues?

I dunno- I think it's natural. You have probably been running non-stop and it's always so exhausting to come back from a vacation. I can't remember what I was like just after the wedding but I know I was a worthless turd at work for about a month BEFORE the wedding and a few months after. I didn't want to work- I just wanted to be back on the beach lounging.

Don't get worried. You need a break. Your probably just mentally, physically and emotionally tapped out. There was a lot going on!
      Happily married since 2008

#3 Anna83

Anna83
      • 288 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:50 PM

I felt the same way. I didn't know what to do with myself, I like to stay busy with craft projects, but I just couldn't get motivated. I felt like I lost a friend after my wedding was over.

My wedding was in January and my AHR was in about a month ago. So after a month of no wedding planning, and I still feel lost sometimes. I think you'll start to feel better in a couple weeks. Something else will come up to keep you busy.

#4 Rhonda

Rhonda
        • 270 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:08 AM

Thanks Ladies! Glad to hear you had similar experiences. I suspect the wedding planning took a lot out of me and now I'm just recuperating...but, right now, I honestly feel like I'll never get my strength back! I guess I gotta just roll with it....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users