• Please log in to reply
569 replies to this topic

#81 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,369 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:54 PM

Ya I admit I like him too haha but i hope he gets better!

#82 jk1101

jk1101
    • 2,582 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:55 PM

They definitely keep people because they are marketable/appealing, but I will be PISSED if they cut either of those brothers....they are AWESOME......I really can't wait to see who makes it tonight!!!!

#83 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,369 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:59 PM

Based on the previews from last night it looked almost like the final spot was going to go to one of the brothers...

#84 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
        • 5,649 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:00 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by YaelM
          Based on the previews from last night it looked almost like the final spot was going to go to one of the brothers...
          Yep, I agree! They do this kind of crap every year for the "drama factor" imo, I think it's totally annoying and totally unfair. Just like last year, both Katee AND Natalie should have gone to the top 20 and not pitted against each other.

DH is soooo cute, he is totally rooting for both of the brothers to go through! I love that my DH secretly loves this show as much as I do haha but he would never admit it!

#85 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 5,369 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:09 PM

OMG FI is 100% open that he likes this show haha - he even reminds me about it when its on. I love it!

#86 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
            • 5,649 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:12 PM

Yael - that is too cute! I just love hearing DH say "those two guys better f'in make it or the judges are retarded!" lol such passion!! hahaha

#87 jk1101

jk1101
              • 2,582 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:18 PM

FI loves the show - I couldn't believe it when I first met him bc he is always the "manly man" and he hated American Idol (although he secretly likes it now). We're even taking dance lessons this summer bc he thinks it's so cool.

#88 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,504 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:39 PM

I think it was almost unfair to those returning from last year because they had such high expectations for them - Brandon, Natalie, tap girl (can't remember her name)

I was trying to figure out who the 20 would be based on my unscientific reasoning based on style, ethnicity, personality

I really like Tony. The thing with him is that he is so tall, he hasn't gotten control of his body in different choreography styles, knowing his timing for full extensions, etc.

Just a guess but I'll say...and it would be much easier if I knew all of the names...

Boys:
                  Tony - hip hop
                  Phillip - popper
                  Asian Ballet Dancer from Miami
                  Brandon - contemporary
                  Maximus? - Latin Ballroom
                  Evan - Broadway
                  Ryan - Evan's Brother - Broadway (also adds to the story line)
                  Pono - the Hawaiian Contemporary guy
                  the African dancer
                  One other guy that kinda looks like Danny from season 3 but I don't know his name

Girls:
                  Asuka - Latin Ballroom
                  Kaitlyn
                  Jannette - Latin Ballroom
                  Paris

Crap I forgot who the rest of them were. When they were lined up last night I had them all picked out!

Sorry, this was a crappy post not knowing everyone's name! LOL BTW, I hate that they do so many interviews with people who don't make it. I think it gives the ones who do an unfair advantage because the audience has gotten a chance to "bond" with them from the beginning.

Does it seem that there is a lack of hip-hop dancers? It seems like everyone is contemporary/jazz/lyrical. I know that a lot of dancers are cross trained but don't mention it, but I don't remember any other styles that really stick out from the solos.

#89 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 5,369 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:46 PM

Erin -I was just telling FI that last night - they didnt showcase like ANY hip hoppers

#90 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
                    • 5,649 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:48 PM

I agree, there were wayyyy more hip-hop type dancers showcased last year and hardly any this year...boo!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users