"So You Think You Can Dance" Summer 2009

• Please log in to reply
569 replies to this topic

#421 Jessica

Jessica
  • VIP Member
  • 11,939 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:50 PM

Katie's number was fine. I'm not a big Katie fan so I was lukewarm about the whole hoopla about her. I LOVED the 3 dances they did with old cast members. So awesome! I especially loved the Wade R. routine. I was kind of shocked at the girl that went home, but not so much at the boy.

I CAN'T BELIEVE EVAN WON'T GO AWAY! WTF?!? Does he have a whole army voting for him or something?! Dammit. So annoying. If he wins I will punch the tv.

#422 Shandalier

Shandalier
    • 93 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:59 PM

I am so freaking bummed that Jeanette went home! I really liked her!!

#423 Debs

Debs
      • VIP Member
      • 7,104 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:51 AM

Our satellite went out last night and I missed it!! AAAAAGGHHH!

Jeanette went home? Which guy?

#424 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:03 AM

Debs, it was Janette and Jason.

Kathy, good call on the bottom 4! I was pretty shocked that Evan was saved this week. Maybe he got a lot of sympathy votes cause Nigel told him he was little and droopy?

I loved the past numbers! Hummingbird & Flower is one of my favorites of all time! How great that Wade himself danced in Rama Lama!

Katie Holmes was Meh. It felt like a bunch of fluff and "look at me, I donate to charity". It wasn't live and she didn't sing. The only former dancers I recognized were Mark and Josh.

It was fun to see the old cast members in the audience. I wish they would do a where are they now special or put something up on the website!

On a sad note, the show must have run over because my DVR cut off right after Jason was announced as the loser. I didn't get to see his montage or anything else that happened after that. Did I miss anything?

#425 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
          • 5,466 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:23 AM

Erin - no you didnt really miss anything just his montage and then some streamers and a cake.

IM super super bummed about jeanette going home. She was definitely my favorite and now that i know she was not only mia's favorite but nigel's too, it made me more mad. She so should have won this season.

I thought katie did well actually, she can actually sing?! who knew! however i agree, she does broadway LIVE all the time yet she had to lip synch on sytycd?! gay.

#426 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
            • 5,649 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:42 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by ErinB
              Debs, it was Janette and Jason.

Kathy, good call on the bottom 4! I was pretty shocked that Evan was saved this week. Maybe he got a lot of sympathy votes cause Nigel told him he was little and droopy?

I loved the past numbers! Hummingbird & Flower is one of my favorites of all time! How great that Wade himself danced in Rama Lama!

Katie Holmes was Meh. It felt like a bunch of fluff and "look at me, I donate to charity". It wasn't live and she didn't sing. The only former dancers I recognized were Mark and Josh.

It was fun to see the old cast members in the audience. I wish they would do a where are they now special or put something up on the website!

On a sad note, the show must have run over because my DVR cut off right after Jason was announced as the loser. I didn't get to see his montage or anything else that happened after that. Did I miss anything?

Thanks Erin! lol Holy crap I can't believe I predicted the 3/4 of the bottom 4. When I read your post just now I was thinking "did I really predict that?" and went back to check. Yup...I was only wrong on Brandon, which shocked the hell out of me!! Anyhoo, Jason was bound to leave soon but I thought Evan would go before him. Anyone remember Comfort from last season? Evan is this season's Comfort...seriously! Anyway, if Evan isn't gone next week, then I don't know wtf people are thinking when they're voting. Don't get me wrong, I think Evan is great, but the other guys left are making him look like a novice in comparison!

Re: Katie Holmes. I wasn't that thrilled by her performance, it was mostly her just shimmying around the stage and doing some pretty awful lip synch. Like Nadine said, she dances/sings/acts on Broadway and she can't do it on live tv, seems a bit messed up. Loved Hok & Jaime's Humming Bird and the Flower dance, one of my faves for sure! I miss Hok!!!

#427 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,504 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:50 AM

I have ADD today...When does SYTYCDC start? Can you watch it on hulu or something?

My fall TV schedule is pretty packed. At some point, I don't know when, I turned into a total TV Whore. The DVR is my evil saving grace! My elliptical machine is in my dining room but I think I need to move it to the living room. If I ran the whole time I watched TV, I'd be as skinny as an 8 year old in no time!

#428 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
                • 5,649 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:58 AM

lol Erin! I dunno, they have tvs attached to all the cardio stuff at my gym and that's STILL not enough motivation for me but I am the biggest lazy ass ever so it could be just me. :) SYTYCD Canada starts up on August 11/09...you can probably youtube it or maybe find some torrents of it the day after each broadcast.

#429 ~*~Margie~*~

~*~Margie~*~
                  • 291 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:27 AM

Last nights "100th Episode Celebration" was a little disappointing for me. The montage of all the seasons seemed to have more clips from seaons 3, 4 and 5 and didn't show much of 1 and 2 at all. And, it went by so fast with quick flashes of clips that it just wasn't really what I expected. I was happy to see the 3 past dances, but it would have been nice if they actually talked to the dancers afterward to give us a chance to see everyone. The Katie Holmes thing was lack luster for me. I knew she could sing cause she sang on Dawson's…it wasn't clear to me that she was lip synching like other's have mentioned, if she was I couldn't tell, but the dancing, Tyce went easy on her with the choreography, she didn't do much. As far as the results, I knew Janette was going, I just had a feeling. I have never liked her so it is not really a disappointment. With the guys, I was SHOCKED that Brandon was in the bottom 2. I had predicted Evan and Jason with Evan going home. That Evan wasn't even in the bottom is beyond belief, I cannot believe he will be around again next week, Jason has performed so much better over all. I will say I think Jason's solo this week was weak, it just seemed like a lot of jumps and not so much dancing, but I still didn't think he deserved to go home.

Its definitely time for one big reunion show with a lot of past dances and "where they are now" interviews. I wish SYTYCD seasons were available on DVD, I'd buy them up so quick. We should start a petition for that and send it to Dr. Nigel : )

#430 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 5,369 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:30 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Jessica
                      Katie's number was fine. I'm not a big Katie fan so I was lukewarm about the whole hoopla about her. I LOVED the 3 dances they did with old cast members. So awesome! I especially loved the Wade R. routine. I was kind of shocked at the girl that went home, but not so much at the boy.

I CAN'T BELIEVE EVAN WON'T GO AWAY! WTF?!? Does he have a whole army voting for him or something?! Dammit. So annoying. If he wins I will punch the tv.
                      You pretty much summed up every thign i wanted to say! I FACKING hate Evan and Im very close to boycotting the show cuz he wasnt even in the bottom! At least my girl Jenine is still there :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users