"So You Think You Can Dance" Summer 2009

• Please log in to reply
569 replies to this topic

#251 jk1101

• 2,582 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:52 PM

It's definitely getting hard to see anyone go - they're all so talented.

#252 ~*Kathy*~

• 5,649 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:17 AM

Yeah, I'm bummed! I didn't expect any of those couples to make the bottom 3 tonight! I loved all the guys so I don't know how they ever decided between them, same with the girls!

#253 boscobel

• VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:50 PM

Ha, Rach, I love Chelsea too and DVR it. She is hysterical and mean and awesome! If I remember right, she was busted on "Dance Your Ass Off" or something like that. It's a dancing show for fat people to lose weight.
        Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
        So I love Chelsea Lately and record that every night. Well they were talking about SYTYCD and calling it the retarded version of Dancing With the Stars. I can't believe they could even compare the two and then think DWS comes out on top! WTF
        I was sad to see BOTH go this week. They were both in my favorites group.

#254 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:00 PM

So I was surprised at the bottom 3!

It was great to see Phillips solo though!

I guess it was time for both of them to go but I liked them both.

From now on it will just get harder!

Oh, and how crazy was that piece by the professional ballet dancers!?!?! She held that open plie on pointe for half of the number! I bet she has thighs like steel i-beams and mangled toes!

#255 budgetjamaicabride

• 516 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:06 AM

I love this show, but it gets so hard at this point because each of them at this point are SOOO good that it is hard to see any of them go. Have you noticed this year that when they dance for their lives it is not as amazing as last season? Their performance with choeography is amazing, but some of those solos look improv and last ditch.

#256 ~*Lisa*~

• 2,287 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:26 AM

Ok so it's been a few days since the kick-off show and can you believe that I can't even remember who got kicked-off? I think it's because no one REALLY stands out that great for me this year. For the first time, I think I could really care less who wins, which is totally sad. I still enjoy watching the dancing/choreography though don't get me wrong. But I can honestly say that if I missed this season, I wouldn't be sad....and I LOVE this show! Anyway, still looking forward to watching it.

#257 ~*Kathy*~

• 5,649 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:10 PM

You mean Vitolio and Karla But yeah, I agree...most of the contestants aren't that memorable this year.

#258 ~*Lisa*~

• 2,287 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by ~*Kathy*~
                  You mean Vitolio and Karla But yeah, I agree...most of the contestants aren't that memorable this year.
                  lol thanks Kathy! I really do know that, I swear! :)

#259 Shandalier

• 93 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:24 PM

I am so pumped to have found this thread! I absolutely love the show so here's my thoughts so far...

**Glad to see Vitolio go! I wouldn't have been sad if it was Kupono either but I definitely didn't want Philip to get kicked off.
                    **I loved Karla! She was also on America's Best Dance Crew in the Boogie Bots - a hip hop group (this may have already been discussed but I only got through the first 8 pages of the thread :-) I think she got shafted with partners, first with Jonathan who was really young and a weak dancer overall. Then she got Vitolio - he just gets under my skin for some reason!!
                    **I think Brandon is amazing! I can't wait for him and Mia to work together because of how much crap she has given him. I love her work but I also never understood how she didn't think he was that good! When I first saw him last season I thought he was a little iron man.
                    **One of my favorite girls is the ballet dancer, Melissa! She is the oldest but she is so refreshing to watch

Now that I found this, I'll keep posting! See you all on Wednesday!

#260 jk1101

• 2,582 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:32 AM

What were they thinking with that Russian Folk Dance I felt so bad for them!!!! Poor Janine and Phillip!

And does it seem like they told every single girl that they were the best dancer?

I found this great recap site if any of you are interested.

Recap: So You Think You Can Dance - Week Five Performances on Hitfix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users