Photo

"So You Think You Can Dance" Summer 2009

• Please log in to reply
569 replies to this topic

#241 spazycat6454

spazycat6454
  • 161 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:27 PM

Love this show, can't wait to see it every week!!

#242 autjo

autjo
    • 2,182 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:30 PM

I finally got caught up this weekend. Although I did have a freak out moment when I thought the DVR messed up the Wednesday show.

Dude - Melissa is totally kicking butt! I didn't really like her at first, but am so happy that someone my age is rocking the show. If only I had her body...hehehehe

#243 jajajaja

jajajaja
      • VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:29 PM

So I love Chelsea Lately and record that every night. Well they were talking about SYTYCD and calling it the retarded version of Dancing With the Stars. I can't believe they could even compare the two and then think DWS comes out on top! WTF
        Happily married since 2008

#244 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
        • 2,287 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:53 PM

What? I can't believe that Rachel! As if. I don't even like Dancing with the starts, it drives me nuts! Anyway, what is Chelsea Lately?

#245 jajajaja

jajajaja
          • VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:12 PM

It's a show on E! Chelsea Handler is her name, but the show is called Chelsea Lately. She's hysterical and rips on everyone. I love it. But then she targeted SYTYCD and that crosses the line. LMAO. She was talking about the losers that do the show, etc. I was like "HEY-stop talking about my peeps."

And I agree- DWS is the cheesedick show. No comparison (but I still sometimes watch LOL). I mean, they have a bunch of SYTYCD alum on their show now.

#246 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
            • 5,649 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:55 PM

Rachel - wtf, DWTS is so lame compared to SYTYCD!!! I can't believe they could even put those in the same category for comparison!!! At least SYTYCD doesn't feature washed up athletes/actors/whatever ATTEMPTING to dance...these kids actually ARE talented and so much more fun to watch, imo!

#247 jajajaja

jajajaja
              • VIP Member
              • 9,794 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:55 PM

IMO- she probably got them confused. I doubt she watches either. But her whole panel was ripping on the show. Oh well- they are delusional, but I still love em.

#248 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,504 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:21 PM

OMG! I love Chelsea but she can't be hatin' on my SYTYCD!!! I might have to boycott! It is SOOOO much better than DWTS!

Kathy - you must have been busy last night! There's no re-cap. I will attempt a condensed version.

Janette & Brandon - Great Cha-Cha! Her facial expressions are a little over the top for me but I think they did a great job! This routine was spot on technically and really entertaining!

Caitlyn & Jason - Weird as hell Brian Freedman contemporary jazz alien thing. I actually thought they did a good job with this dance. I'm afraid they will be in the bottom 3 (and I don't know how much longer they can hold on there) because people don't get the routine and/or because the costumes sucked. Even Nigel said it was distracting and he didn't like the "tin foil"

Melissa & Ade - Beautiful Pas de Deux! I was so excited to see classical ballet on pointe! I don't think Ade was perfect but he faked it and it looked great! And ballet is really hard!

Kupono & Kayla - Gothic Contemporary. I LOVED this one. Sonja is so stange and creative and her stuff is so much fun to watch. Wardrobe really did a good job with this one. Kupono did his best performance of the season. I am cheering my gay boyfriend on! Kayla is a fantastic dancer but she is a little irritating to me.

Randi & Evan - Broadway. I thought the choreography was great but there was something lacking. I don't even know if it was that or that the other routines were just that much better. It reminded me of the first episode where there really wasn't a bad routine! I'm saying bottom 3.

Phillip & Jeanine - Nappy Tabs (ha!) Hip Hop. These two are safe for sure. It was a great performance and they have a fan following. I liked it though I thought Jeanine was a little too exaggerated in some of her popping. It looks so natural for Phillip and it felt forced with her. I also agree with Mia that the chain kind of had a presence of its own and it was hard not to focus on in. I kept waiting for them to trip!

Karla & Vitolio - The kiss of death Quickstep. These two really pulled it off! It was a fun routine to watch and I loved the quick change at the beginning. I think these two might be in the bottom because they don't have as big of a following and Vitolio has had some inconsistent performances/solos.

I will be sad to see anyone go home tonight. I'm glad I DVRed so I could FF through the Dizzy Feet and Katie Holmes bits. I mean it's a great cause but I just wanted to see dancing!

This is a really fun blog from a guy who was in the audience:
                  http://www.msnbc.msn....nt-television/

#249 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
                  • 5,649 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:52 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ErinB
                    OMG! I love Chelsea but she can't be hatin' on my SYTYCD!!! I might have to boycott! It is SOOOO much better than DWTS!

Kathy - you must have been busy last night! There's no re-cap. I will attempt a condensed version.

Janette & Brandon - Great Cha-Cha! Her facial expressions are a little over the top for me but I think they did a great job! This routine was spot on technically and really entertaining!

Caitlyn & Jason - Weird as hell Brian Freedman contemporary jazz alien thing. I actually thought they did a good job with this dance. I'm afraid they will be in the bottom 3 (and I don't know how much longer they can hold on there) because people don't get the routine and/or because the costumes sucked. Even Nigel said it was distracting and he didn't like the "tin foil"

Melissa & Ade - Beautiful Pas de Deux! I was so excited to see classical ballet on pointe! I don't think Ade was perfect but he faked it and it looked great! And ballet is really hard!

Kupono & Kayla - Gothic Contemporary. I LOVED this one. Sonja is so stange and creative and her stuff is so much fun to watch. Wardrobe really did a good job with this one. Kupono did his best performance of the season. I am cheering my gay boyfriend on! Kayla is a fantastic dancer but she is a little irritating to me.

Randi & Evan - Broadway. I thought the choreography was great but there was something lacking. I don't even know if it was that or that the other routines were just that much better. It reminded me of the first episode where there really wasn't a bad routine! I'm saying bottom 3.

Phillip & Jeanine - Nappy Tabs (ha!) Hip Hop. These two are safe for sure. It was a great performance and they have a fan following. I liked it though I thought Jeanine was a little too exaggerated in some of her popping. It looks so natural for Phillip and it felt forced with her. I also agree with Mia that the chain kind of had a presence of its own and it was hard not to focus on in. I kept waiting for them to trip!

Karla & Vitolio - The kiss of death Quickstep. These two really pulled it off! It was a fun routine to watch and I loved the quick change at the beginning. I think these two might be in the bottom because they don't have as big of a following and Vitolio has had some inconsistent performances/solos.

I will be sad to see anyone go home tonight. I'm glad I DVRed so I could FF through the Dizzy Feet and Katie Holmes bits. I mean it's a great cause but I just wanted to see dancing!

This is a really fun blog from a guy who was in the audience:
                    Aliens, ballet and quick step on ?SYTYCD?- msnbc.com
                    haha Erin you totally busted me, I was just about to give my write up! I was so tired last night after getting whipped by my personal trainer that I just honestly didn't have the energy to do it last night but I was going to today. No need now though, you just said everything that I would have. I 100% agree with your comments but I would like to add that I think there is a slight possibility that Melissa and Ade might be in the bottom 3 but only because (as beautiful as ballet is) some people won't "get" their routine or may find it "boring" (I enjoyed it though!). I had to laugh when Nigel said Caitlyn looked like a condom, that was too funny!! I honestly don't want to see anyone leave tonight, they were all outstanding last night!

#250 Jessica

Jessica
                    • VIP Member
                    • 11,939 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:59 PM

So I was surprised at the eliminated girl based on the solos, but I thought the bottom 3 guys were a harder pick. I like them all! I was sad to see who was eliminated from the boys, but I really didn't want any of them to go!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users