Photo

"So You Think You Can Dance" Summer 2009

• Please log in to reply
569 replies to this topic

#191 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:34 AM

Carly - I totally agree! I really enjoyed Phillip's tango even if it wasn't "technically" up to their standards.

Omg that "singer" tonight was totally lipsynching but she was awful at it, she wasn't in time with the song or anything, I literally laughed out loud about it.

I am sad about the guy cut tonight but that's a tough one, if it were up to me, I wouldn't cut any of those guys. The girl cut I'm indifferent about, she's lukewarm for me and didn't really stand out in my mind.

#192 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:11 AM

Yeah, the girl didn't stand out to me much either, but in my opinion (which I have staetd before, but still not giving it away!) another girl deserved to go more.

Oh, and i hope that Karla gets hip hop soon. I love when girls dance hip hop and that was her 'what you don't know about Karla', this week.

#193 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
      • 5,649 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:27 PM

Carly - I agree, there's one other girl I have in mind that should have gone over the one they picked. Oooh, I can't wait for Karla to get hiphop! It should be awesome!

#194 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
        • 456 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:03 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by lmuze
          I was surprised at the guy...i don't want to spoil for anyone who hasn't watched yet but I think he wasn't given enough dues....mmh! well, I think i like last year dancers much better.
          I totally agree with you... I liked last year's dancers MUCH better. They had more likable personalities.

I was really disappointed that Max went home. I didn't like the choreography they had to do and his outfit was TERRIBLE!!!! But, those things are out of his control. In week one, he kicked ass with that sexy tango he did with Kayla. I am so disappointed to see him go!

I hope the choreography improves...

#195 Chanti

Chanti
          • 310 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:40 PM

I concur, last year's dancers were better. Usually by the top 20 I can keep their names straight, but other than a select few, having a hard time with that this year. And I agree, the choreography may not be as good either...

#196 jk1101

jk1101
            • 2,582 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:50 PM

I was glad that Lil C could laugh at himself bc FI and I were like WTF is he saying?!?
              I wasn't surprised with their choice on Ashley, but I think Kopono should have gone instead of Max. Max did a better job in his routine than Kopono did trying to Hiphop. I think this show was just such a let down from last week, it was hard to stay engaged. I hope next week is better!

#197 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,504 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:05 PM

For some reason I really like Kupono. He feels like he could be a great gay boyfriend, kwim? He rocked the Wade Robson routine last week! I don't think he will make it to the end, especially if he can't adapt to different styles. He was really good in the Mia Michaels opening number.

It would have been hard to eliminate a guy this week. I certainly didn't think any of the 3 nominated deserved to go home. Honestly, Evan or Phillip did a worse job but I think they both have a pretty good following. All three had decent solos and Max footloosed his butt off! But, it doesn't seem like they keep ballroom guys around long.

I will say that if Randi gets voted off and Evan gets paired with a bigger girl he will be in trouble. I don't know if he has the strength to do some of the lifts so it could limit his choreography. It also doesn't look as good. It seems like that happened last year or the year before and the guy was voted off that week.

I hate the things that are out of the dancers' control like partnering and wardrobe. The outfit poor Max was in was just unfortunate! I think partners can drag each other down. I wonder if Paris would have lasted longer with someone like Jonathan or Vitolio.

I was ok with Ashley being eliminated. Her solo really didn't have much substance and her other routines hadn't been strong enough to compensate. I am not an Auska fan like I thought I would be during the auditions. I'm ready for her to head home soon. Her dance was really pretty and really technical but the only personality that I get is bitchy diva. Caitlyn at least has a goofy personality and she can laugh at herself.

I'm excited to see what will happen next week! I wonder if there are spoilers, like what kind of dance they will be doing or who the choreographer is...I'll have to go investigate!

Oh and I love that they are featuring professional dancers in their genre. Musical guests have not been impressive so far. Katy Perry and Lady Gaga were fun, these people not at all! I don't even know their names! That girl last night was TERRIBLE! I don't know why they bothered to even put a mic on her! Milli Vanilli did a better job lip syncing! Ashlee Simpson did a better job!

#198 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
                • 456 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:39 PM

Erin B - I agree with u about Evan possibly being in trouble if he is partnered with someone taller than him. I love him though! I hope he can hang in there!

#199 CaraW

CaraW
                  • 346 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:30 PM

Awww I'm sad cuz I missed last week's episode. Can't miss it this week!!!!

#200 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
                    • 5,649 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:34 PM

hahaha Erin! I totally agree with everything you just said! I think Kupono would be an awesome guy pal too, he seems totally fun and laid back. I'll go hunt some spoilers for you, I know a few places that I might be able to find some

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users