"So You Think You Can Dance" Summer 2009

~*Kathy*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinB View Post
F
It would have been hard to eliminate a guy this week. I certainly didn't think any of the 3 nominated deserved to go home. Honestly, Evan or Phillip did a worse job but I think they both have a pretty good following. All three had decent solos and Max footloosed his butt off! But, it doesn't seem like they keep ballroom guys around long.

I was ok with Ashley being eliminated. Her solo really didn't have much substance and her other routines hadn't been strong enough to compensate. I am not an Auska fan like I thought I would be during the auditions. I'm ready for her to head home soon. Her dance was really pretty and really technical but the only personality that I get is bitchy diva. Caitlyn at least has a goofy personality and she can laugh at herself.

I'm excited to see what will happen next week! I wonder if there are spoilers, like what kind of dance they will be doing or who the choreographer is...I'll have to go investigate!

Oh and I love that they are featuring professional dancers in their genre. Musical guests have not been impressive so far. Katy Perry and Lady Gaga were fun, these people not at all! I don't even know their names! That girl last night was TERRIBLE! I don't know why they bothered to even put a mic on her! Milli Vanilli did a better job lip syncing! Ashlee Simpson did a better job!

I agree that the 3 guys in the bottom shouldn't have been there. I really liked Max, but you are right about them cutting the ballroom guys early. They have cut all the ballroom guys in the beginning from the past couple seasons I have watched. I was disappointed that Ashley got cut. I thought she was pretty good, but didn't have a chance to show what she's got. I'm not crazy about Asuka, I would have rather seen her gone. I liked most of the performances on the first episode, but haven't been too crazy on the performances on the other shows. I don't know if the dancers are just not good, or if it is the choregraphy. I usually tivo the show, and am glad because I have been fast forwarding through the singing performances. They have been awful!!

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one that doesn't like the ballroom girl (is it Jeanette?)huh.gif She irritates the censored.gif out of me!!! And I'm with you girls on Asuka (or whatever her name is!).

I guess I don't have a very good eye for dancing, because it seems I always disagree with the judges!! LOL

I thought the waltz was good...but just good. I thought the fact that they threw Vitollio's "story" in there was kind of cheap...like they were looking for sympathy calls or something! I don't know...just my opinion!

Ok so I watched this last week and then went on vacation without a chance to discuss here. I can barely remember anyone or any of the routines. That's not good!

While I can't really say that I liked last year's dancers better because that would be somewhat unfair- the editing this year sucked ass. They gave us NO opportunity to remember anyone in the top 20. I can name maybe a few dancers and the rest of them escape me unless I JUST watched a show.

I'm hoping that a few more shows in I will like them as much as I did last year. I really want to go to their tour again, but I'm not sure I would pay for tickets at this point. I like to watch them dance, but I also like to feel connected to them too!

Rant over. :)

Chiming in for the first time!! I LOVE this show, DH and I have watched religiously since Season 1, but....I don't like this season, I have been so disspointed so far. Usually by this point, I have my favorites. Last year was Twitch, but then again, last year I loved practically everyone and it was so hard to even imagine any of them going home because they were all SOOO good. This year, I feel like its not the same level of talent, I have not been amazed by any of them. If forced to chose I would have to say Ada and Melissa have stood out the most for me. As for choreography, I used to love Shane Sparks but the two hip hop routines last week were lacking "spark" no pun intended. I really think I prefer Tabitha and Napoleon for hip hop now, they seem more current, Shane seems old school. I think Phillip will be around for a while just due to the following he has built up so far. I really would have rather seen Kupono go home instead of Max, I agree with Erin, the ballroom guys seem to get sent home too soon and I don't think Max deserved to go. And did anyone notice the look on Kayla's face when they flashed on her as Cat was saying Kayla and Kupono would dance as a new couple on the next show....she did not look happy. I'm curious to see if they have chemistry. I hope this week goes back up a notch.

Oh, so excited that Evan's brother made it to Vegas for the fall season...as if there was any doubt, hope he makes the Top 20, I liked him better than Evan. Thats all I have for now.

Interesting thoughts everyone! Amanda, I feel like you do...I don't totally hate some of the routines that the judges do nor do I love the same ones they do most of the time. I guess I'm weird like that too? wink.gif haha. I have to agree with you girls that I felt wayyyy more connected to last year's dancers than this years' but I don't know if that's because we're not far enough in yet or what. I am looking forward to tonight's performance show though!

YAY i can finally comment since i missed last weeks and we finally cought up. UGH i didnt want Max cut - i think Kopono wasnt that great and I thought he should have left.

I officially dont like Auska - she annoys the SHIT out of me - i hope she goes soon

Yay new episode tonight w00t w00t

I don't know what it is about this season, but I just can't seem to get into any of the routines. I don't know if it's the actual dancing or the choerography. I did like Brandon and Jeanette's routine (I tend to like the more quirky routines) and I loved Kayla and Kapono's routine as well but that was pretty much it.

I feel like all the hip hop routines this season arent great - jenette and brandon's was the only good one so far

Tonight's episode didnt WOW me - but i think my fave so far is Ade for guys and Im starting to really like Karla - on the fence with Kaitlyn

Well here's the rundown tonight for me!

Jonathan & Karla - Ouch, that was rough! I thought Karla did pretty well individually but Jonathan just wasn't keeping up with her. They weren't in synch in their dancing and it was painfully obvious. I would be shocked if they weren't in the bottom 3 couples.

Vitolio & Asuka - How sweet is Vitolio?!? He seems like the nicest guy. I enjoyed their jazz dance but it wasn't like "amazing!!!", it was good though. Asuka still bugs sadly...

Brandon & Jeanette - I was totally loving their hiphop dance or whatever you want to call it! It was funky and fun, I think they both did a fantastic job with it.

Ade & Melissa - Wow that was a sexy, sexy dance. How crazy is that girl's body? I would love it if my back was that toned...I'm so totally jealous! Anyhoo, I really enjoyed their rumba, it was pretty sexy and there was this one move that Melissa did with her leg on Ade's shoulder and went through it or something? Whatever it was, it looked so neat!

Kayla & Kupono - Viennese waltz, it's the classic SYTYCD kiss of death! Anyhoo, I really enjoyed it tonight and I thought they made it look beautiful and effortless. I thought they had good chemistry too which I am surprised about since it was their first week dancing together.

Evan & Randi - Interesting choreography, but that's always expected with Mia haha. I thought it was a really cute dance...I don't know if it was enough to keep them safe though. I wouldn't be totally shocked if they were in the bottom 3 couples this week.

Jason & Caitlyn - I liked their paso doble but I think the judges were right when they said that Jason was performing more to the audience rather than connecting with his partner. There were a few moments were I caught him making some kind of "performance face" right at the camera....it was weird for me. The music was totally wrong for that dance, IMO. I think they might also end up in the bottom 3 couples this week.

Phillip & Jeanine - Ha! I loooove Singing in the Rain! I used to watch it all the time growing up, it was fun to hear that song again. I thought Jeanine was great in her character and I disagree with the judges. I felt like Phillip did a great performance and I thought he kept in character pretty well too. I kind of loved this broadway routine but I have a bad feeling in my gut that they have a chance of ending up in the bottom 3 couples this week too...but I really hope not.