"So You Think You Can Dance" Summer 2009

~*Kathy*~

AHH I haven't seen the kick-off show yet but Facebook ruined who got kick off for me so I figured I may as well read the threads! lol

I'm not sad to hear that Tony is gone. I didn't think he should have made top 20 anyway, he's not THAT great. They just put him there because of the personality.

I actually didn't mind Paris, I thought she was a cutie! Anyway, hopefully I'll get to see the last show soonly. :)

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am watching now, and I originally was not a fan of Kaitlin, like she bugged the shit outta me for some reason. Then in Bollywood, she did so good I was rethinking it. And then I saw they got Shane Sparks (who is MY FAVORITE!!!!!) and I was excited! And man, she sucked. Like bad. She was too soft or something.

Carly - Yay, I'm not the only one who finds that there's just something (I can't quite put my finger on) about Caitlyn that just totally bugs me!! Here's my quick take on tonight's performances:

Top of the Pack (for me):

Melissa & Ade - Wow!!! I adore Sonya's choreography and Melissa and Ade totally rocked it out on their jazz routine, it was awesome!

Brandon & Jeanette - They owned that disco, that was the most fun and exciting disco I have ever watched on this show and it didn't feel extremely cheesy like they sometimes do. I loved this!

Vitollio & Asuka - What a beautiful waltz! Vitollio is adorable and I thought he did a great job, so did Asuka but there's something about her that bugs me too...not in the same way that Caitlyn bugs me but still a little weird. Asuka is a great dancer though. :)

Max & Kayla - They were so in character, which was terrific! She's probably my favorite girl this season, she is a great dancer. I loved their jazz routine and I thought Max really played the part well.

Middle of the pack for me:

Jonathan & Karla - I thought (personally) that Jonathan looked a little shaky at the beginning of the dance but by the end he seemed to be over it. It was beautifully choreographed and I thought Karla outdanced Jonathan...I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

Evan & Randi - Really fun, high energy jive. I thought they did a great job tonight but they could be outshone by all of the other great performances...despite this, I don't think they're in danger this week. The judges seemed to enjoy it.

People Who Could Be In Trouble:

Jason & Caitlyn - Ok I was so stoked to see Shane Sparks back this year, he was noticeably absent last year and I was so bummed about it! Anyhoo, I thought these two did ok with the hiphop but like Carly said, Caitlyn seemed soft or something...personally I thought she was cheesing it up a bit and found it pretty annoying. Jason tried hard and I think he did a good job with the moves but yeah, these two could be in trouble tomorrow.

Phillip & Jeanine - I thought Jeanine looked great doing the tango tonight but Phillip definitely looked nervous. I could tell he was trying hard and I thought he got the character right, so that was good. The judges weren't loving it so I'm pretty sure they'll be in the bottom tomorrow night. sad.gif I hope they stick around though.

Kupono & Ashley - Another Shane Sparks hiphop. Personally, I enjoyed it on an entertainment level but like the judges said, it was out of sync and it was "underwhelming". I think they will be in the bottom tomorrow night but I hope they stick around too since I think Kupono is a good dancer and so is Ashley. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

What did you girls think about everything? cheesy.gif

Once again, I'm sharing the same feelings as you Kathy! lol You've basically said it all! I too was so freakin' excited to have Shane back but I felt so bad that they didn't do him any justice. He certainly didn't look impressed - poor guy. Caitlyn and Asuka also bug me and I wouldn't be sad to see them leave because of that. I'm not too sure who will be in the bottom tonight and once again, probably won't get to see it until tomorrow at least - sheesh!!!

Kath, I haven't watched the whole show yet, but the routines that I watched you wrote exactly what I thought! I LOVED the disco and they killed it. And Vitolio and Asuka were really good as well. I usually can't even stand to watch those slow and boring dances, but i think the song choice helped. It was a touching song and they danced it really well.

Last night disappointed me a little. The first week started off with a bang with so many great performances... this week just didn't do it for me. Maybe it was the particular styles of dance that were done. There were a few routines that I didn't think were all that great as far as the choreography... the dancers really can't make bad choreography look good. I love the married Hispanic couple that do the hip hop choreography... I definitely missed them on this episode!

Lil' C works on my last nerve! I am glad that male choreographer set him straight on the whole "bended knees" issue! Half the time I was thinking what the heck is he talking about! Thank goodness he won't be there next week! And Mary.... don't even get me started! I have to DVR the show and watch it later so I can fast forward through her screaming!!! The only one I even listened to was Nigel.

I hope Phillip doesn't go home!

Lisa - haha, I agree! Shane looked disapointed for sure, poor guy!! sad.gif

Carly - Great minds, great minds wink.gif I think my two faves this season are Vitolio & Kayla...I hope they get paired up eventually! I agree, usually the slow dances bore me but I really enjoyed that waltz, not as much as Twitch and Kherrington's waltz (I think that's what it was) last year choreographed by Jean-Marc, but close! Poor Vitolio though, when he was tearing up, I started to tear up for God's sakes! lol For him to persevere despite everything he's been through in his life is just downright inspiring, good for him! :) I just want to hug him! haha

Scott-Pierre - OMG, wtf was Lil C's problem? Clearly he's not an authority on Tango, so he should have kept his mouth shut. As a judge, I generally like Lil C and I think he's pretty nice and honest in his critiques. I was also very glad when they had Tony Meredith clear up the bended-knees issue. Yeah, wtf was up with Asuka telling Vitolio that he wasn't attractive, talk about harsh! And for the record, I think he is a very handsome young fellow! :)

I agree with mostly everything that you girls have said. BUT I liked the jive routine. I thought it was fun and I thought the represented it well- especially Randi.

As for Asuka- whatta bitch! Just for the record, I don't think she's that attractive and if V would have said that about her, she would have been offended. So F off Asuka. That was just down right rude. sad.gif

Poor Phillip. I like the guy but I could see his tentativeness when he danced. They were spot on saying his lack of confidence showed. You can tell he's pretty hard on himself. He needs to work on a better poker face- where's lady gaga when you need her?!