"So You Think You Can Dance" Summer 2009

~*Kathy*~

OMG! I absolutely LOVE this show. I discovered it in Season 2 cause my friend told me about it and I haven't stoped watching it since.

I saw the group of Season 3 live in Toronto in 2007. What an amazing show. Even though Hok didn't make the top 10, they brought him back for the tour to do the Hummingbird dance with Jamie. It was SOOOO great! He was one of my favs!

I got the FI hooked on it last year and he was in love with Twitchington (Twitch and Kerrington). He even named us team Kensa (Ken & Lisa) because of the that, even though we both can't dance. lol I don't even know who was my favorite cause I loved them all!

SYTYCD Canada aired for the first season last year. Man, if I could only dance like they could. Allie was one of my favs (cute little ballerina) and Miles (such a cutie!). They toured in my city this past Feb so we got to see them live. I am in love with this show!!!

So excited that Season 5 has started. There's going to be some great dancers this year. I can't believe last night I caught a glimpse of Sex. GEEZ buddy, YOU CAN'T DANCE!!!!!!! He's too funny to watch! I can't wait to see how the season unfolds.

Some of my fav things about SYTYCD:

Kat Deely - just love her!

Mia Michaels - my fav choreographer. You just KNOW when it's one of her routines. I cry all the time when it's one of hers!

Allie (Canadian S1) - I was so proud that they had a ballerina. That sort of dancing is usually very specific. It was great to see it on a show like that.

the mirror dance (Canadian S1) - SO beautiful. I cried like a baby! lol

Hok & Jamie's hummingbird dance - just beautiful. cried, again! lol

Seems like I cry alot when I watch the show!

Anyway, that's only to name a few. There is so much more! I LOVE THIS SHOW! I wish that I could dance like they do.

Thanks for starting this thread!!! :)

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually just saw part of the premiere and some of last night's show. I have never really watched it before this. No reason really, because I love dancing. I guess I just never knew when it was on! Now I do though so, I'll have to watch and try and keep up with you guys!! It seems to be on all the time!

Memphis jukeing rocked!!!! Love it that he is a cop. I give props to the people that make it to the final 20 and got cut right before the show and keep coming back to audition. I no longer dance and this show makes me feel like I am dancing again. Keep the thread alive, I love to read everyone's opinion on the dancers auditioning! Can't wait for next week.

Oooh I loved Asouka and her partner who both tried out last season (I remember them). She was amazing to watch, I am keeping my fingers crossed that she makes the top 20 this time around.

Re: Season 6 in the fall, I heard Nigel say that last night to that (awesome) 17 year old kid, so I guess it's true...sweet!! cheesy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraisobeachbride2009 View Post
Oooh I loved Asouka and her partner who both tried out last season (I remember them). She was amazing to watch, I am keeping my fingers crossed that she makes the top 20 this time around.
Ok I must be blind because i missed her awesomeness. I just thought she was ok - maybe cuz her outfit annoyed me LOL but her partner (Riky?) I thought was SUPER good. I must have been spacing though

YAY for vegas week next week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraisobeachbride2009 View Post
Re: Season 6 in the fall, I heard Nigel say that last night to that (awesome) 17 year old kid, so I guess it's true...sweet!! cheesy.gif
Yay!!! That means nonstop SYTYCD (between US and Canadian) from now until winter!!!

Yael - I agree, I thought her outfit (and wtf was up with that necklace) was totally distracting from her performance so maybe you got stuck on that? wink.gif I agree, Rikky was a great partner!

Chanti - Yeah, I am so happy...I hate waiting all winter for this show to come on!