Photo

Cell Phones Of Today

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Infinity22

Infinity22
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:34 PM

I don't know how many of you actually have an iPhone but if you do, don't you wish they had a pull out physical keyboard that gave you the option to use both the virtual or physical keyboards? It would also be nice if you could copy and paste text. The Palm Pre comes out next month and they have the pull out keyboard, but I'm unsure if they included the virtual keyboard into the model too. Which brings me to my next question.....does anyone know or heard of any rumors of Apple implementing a pull out keyboard in any future iPhone models? Google seemed to have their crap together when they developed the G1.

Palm Pre
    Click the image to open in full size.

iPhone

Google's G1

#2 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
    • 609 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:01 PM

I've been a Palm Treo girl every since I gave up the flip phone in '05. I went from a 600, to a 650 to the Centro and I'm patiently waiting this Pre so I can snag that too! I would've went with the 755 over the Centro but then didn't have any in stock and I needed a phone that day (It was the day I went to Running of the Brides to get my dress!) so I settled for the Centro. It's cool, but I can't wait for the Pre!

#3 Sloan

Sloan
      • 1,279 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:46 PM

I hated my BlackBerry, so I switched to an iPhone. Im used to the keyboard because of my Touch. Wouldnt change a thing. Love it!

#4 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,569 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:28 PM

Love my iphone, could not live with out it.

It took me about a month to get used to keyboard (longer than I would have liked) but now i can do it with out looking.

#5 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
          • 583 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:59 PM

I highly doubt that Apple will be integrating a physical keyboard into their iPhone anytime soon. One of the "praises" of the iPhone is that it has minimal moving parts, so a physical keyboard, sliding or otherwise, seems unlikely. Sliding keyboards have been seen as "faulty" and easy to break by some, so that's a definite no, and also if they just added the keyboard to the front of the phone, it takes away from the screen size, so again, a no.

BUT! There are talks of a bluetooth keyboard that will integrate with the iPhone as a wireless attachment for those who need a "real" keyboard.

My .02 cents after selling electronics and working next to an "Apple head" every day lol

#6 Inked1

Inked1
            • 161 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:36 PM

I am psyched about the G1 and plan on picking it up when my sprint contract is up. I really like the Iphone, my sister and co worker have it and it's a great device, but I hated the touch keypad, just doesn't work for me. I played around with the G1 at a Tmobile store and it seems to have the things I love about Iphone but the keypad I like for texting. Can't wait to ditch my Razr

#7 Infinity22

Infinity22
              • 1,520 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:56 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Erika J
                but now i can do it with out looking.
                Are you freaking kidding me!?! That's amazing!!! I used to be able to do that with my BlackBerry Pearl but now that I have a Curve, I can't do it due to all the small little keys.

#8 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
                • 1,097 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:10 PM

wow i never paid much attention to google's G1 phone.

#9 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:30 PM

I couldn't wait to get rid of my crap-ass Treo 750, so I got the iphone a few months ago and LOVE IT! I still have a bit of trouble typing, but the functionality of it makes the slight annoyance of typing minimal. I *heart* my iphone.

#10 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 8,569 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:09 PM

Carly I sturggled with the typing too, it really did click one day and now it goes much more smoothly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users