My BD session is today *eeeekkk* Did you tip your photographer???

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 MarieSam

• VIP Member
  • 2,336 posts
    • LocationSouthern California

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:05 AM

Well gals, my BD session is today with http://www.bethcocuz...raphy.com/live/, and I really shoulda posted this question sooner smackin myself for forgettin

Besides being totally nervous and worried that my pics will look like crap .....I was wondering if you guys tipped your photographer, and if so, how much??

#2 Leia78

• VIP Member
    • 2,459 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:33 AM

Didn't do BD pics, so I don't know how much you should tip your photographer. But I think your pics are going to look great! Can't wait to see them!!

#3 northernflasher

• 499 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:36 AM

Marie-Sam, never done a BD shoot but my FI and I are wedding photogs and we really dont expect to get tipped (Maybe thats a British thing?).

If your photog is a professional she will have covered all her essential costs plus made a profit in the price she's charging you. Unless she is just starting out or doing your shoot for free, or at a discount I wouldnt feel obliged to tip.

Of course its always nice to get tipped but for me personally I always think this is better in your follow up session, when you get your album, cd etc you have seen the work she has produced is to your requirements and then you are showing you are happy with your overall experience. If you are not meeting in person again you could always include a little something in a thank you card... This is usually how we get tipped. Hope this helps.

Try to relax, your shoot will be great fun. Enjoy
        Michelle X

PLANNING THREAD:http://bestdestinati....-thread-58694/DREAMS TULUM REVIEW: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-59147/EXCURSIONS AND SIGHTSEEING REVIEW IN RIVIERA MAYA: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati...com/fo...ra-...

#4 itsfinallyhere

• 573 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:59 AM

Hi I am not planning on tiping for my BD session just because it cost so much, but if I am happy (which I am sure I will be, I will be singing her praises every. And try todrum more business for her. And refer everyone I can to her. Word of mouth is the best advertising after all.

#5 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:37 AM

Hey girl! I am soooo excited for you!!! You will have a great time and I know you will look like a gorgeous hottie in your pics! As for your question-I did not tip my photographer at the BD shoot. I am going to bring her a little gift when I go pick up my BD book from her studio though...maybe something like a really good smelling candle and a pedicure gift card. I wouldn't worry about it....just worry about yourself today. You can always bring her a gift later or tip her when your pics come in!

#6 boscobel

• VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:49 AM

I hadn't even considered it actually. So nope, I didn't tip!

#7 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
              • 18,452 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:21 AM

I didnt do Bd pics but I dont think you should give her anything today but later when you get your pics maybe send her a little extra something something.

Goodluck today. Dont be nervous your pics are going to be gorgeous!
                ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#8 msjcastillo

• 86 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:25 AM

Marie-Sam, your pictures will be fantastic! Thank you for posting the link to your photog. Another BDW bride and I were looking for someone in the Southern Cali area and Beth's work looks incredible. If you take a deep breath and relax, you'll have an amazing time!

P.S. Would you be willing to post a review of your experience today for those of us who are interested in her work?

#9 pvbeachbride10

• 202 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:47 PM

I like the idea of sending her something after the pics. But do what you are comfortable with.

Oh, and your pics are going to be gorgeous!

#10 Amarillis

• 1,913 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by carly
                      I hadn't even considered it actually. So nope, I didn't tip!

Carly and I are on the same page!

I never really considered it.

However, I am glad to see that many do not... I would have felt really bad!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users