#12 KristinaM

KristinaM
  • VIP Member
  • 3,082 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:52 AM

Sorry to hear that you had such a hard time but it sounds like you found a beautiful resort!

#13 foxytv

foxytv
  • VIP Member
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:30 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your experiences.

Our photographers were staying at the resort next to ours, but 'snuck in' to PPC via beach access both days and had no problems. However, when we went to meet them at their resort (Bavaro Princess) ... we were faced with language barriers and issues from security. Nothing we didn't expect, though ... and they let us wait in the lobby until our photoraphers came up to meet us.

The taxi rides are expensive and can be difficult, b/c it's rare that the taxi drivers speak much English. We took a taxi from PPR to Steve's Corner Bar several times, and never did the taxi driver know where the bar was. Weird b/c it's pretty prominent. DH speaks a little Spanish (not much at all) so we managed to get there, though.

Regardless, I am glad you ot your DW resort nailed down!!!!

#14 MnM2Mexico

MnM2Mexico
    • 54 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:01 PM

I like the idea of bringing a translated note in case of issues with security. Thanks for the tip! How far in advance of your desired wedding date do you recommend site visits?

#15 Gina

Gina
      • 36 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:26 PM

Thanks guys- love you all- I feel as if we are a family!!!! Thanks

#16 Michelle613

Michelle613
        • 331 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:33 PM

Oh my goodness! Sounds so horrible! I have zero patience and would be so frustrated! Thank god you found a place! I stayed in Riu Palace Punta Cana a year ago and loved it! It's beautiful, the food is good, and it's just sooo elegant looking. Enjoy and happy planning!
          Michelle & Arsen
          Dreams Cancun June 10, 2010http://img.weddingco...r/qmwm5sy8q.png

#17 PCBride

PCBride
          • 39 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:39 AM

Do you mind if I ask you a couple of questions about the Iberostar?

We are getting married there in 11 weeks (eek!) and with our work travel and pinning down a place in February, we never had time for a site visit.

I deal mostly with Yoselina there and she seems fantastic, but do you have any other feedback? Anything to watch out for or keep an eye on?

Thank you!

#18 TheFutureMrs.Sears

TheFutureMrs.Sears
            • 734 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:43 AM

Aww I'm so sorry you had a bad experience...But I love the RIU chain..we stayed at the RIU in Ochio Rios and my cousin stayed at the RIU in Aruba and we both having nothing but good things to say!!
              http://global.thekno...rs/tt44496.aspx

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
              http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#19 haskinl

haskinl
              • 36 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:29 PM

No Way!! WTF...I can't believe that. One would seriously think that at the least you would get nothing short of simple service is you traveled all that way... Unbelievable. I would be PO'd too.

#20 erinleigh

erinleigh
                • 316 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:40 PM

Wow, crazy that you had such trouble with appointments. But as some of the others pointed out, makes me feel pretty good that they have such tight security !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users