co-worker invites Help!!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 angie8119

• 198 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:32 PM

Its a destination wedding, so not everyone can come. Do I invite the entire dept to be polite or none at all? Or should I just invite the 2 people that may be able to come? Not everyone can afford to go, the whole dept can't be empty, and I don't have the bond with everyone for them to all want to come. The fact is we are a team and I would invite them all (without question) if I were doing a local wedding, but I'm not and either way everyone is not going to Jamaica. How do I do this and not be rude??!?

#2 brittbrodin

• 246 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:36 PM

That's a tough one. I ended up not inviting any co-workers because we kept it mostly family and friends. Everyone totally understood. We are having a local reception in Chicago and I plan to invite the whole department to that. It really comes down to this...it's your wedding so you can do whatever YOU want! And if people do take offense, that's for them to deal with not for you to worry about. :)
      March Siggy Challenge Wedding Review
      Slideshow by Beth Lloyd

#3 stefnicole

• 544 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by MegaShay
        We decided to invite our co-workers to our AHR only. Only close friends and family are invited to our DW. Everyone has understood, and that way there's no hurt feelings and no one is left out.
        We did the same.

#4 angie8119

• 198 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:45 PM

THank you ladies!!! definetely put a better perspective on how to handle this!

#5 H&F

• 361 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:53 PM

What about if you are not having an AHR?

I'm wondering what to do b/c I work for a medical device company (so we all work individually our of our homes). Our region consists of several states but there are 4 of us who work in the same area and are fairly close.

I'm wondering if it's ok to just invite just the ones that I see & talk with on a regular basis (I don't think they will come) but wonder how it will be perceived by the team if it comes up in conversations.

Any thoughts? I appreciate your help!

#6 angie8119

• 198 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:28 AM

well, I am not having a AHR and after this discusson, I am thinking I am just not going to invite any. I think it will be worse if I invite some and not all. THose that I have developed a relationship with I think will understand- especially since they more likely wouldn't come either way.

#7 DarcyJAde

• 305 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:35 AM

We decided to put up an open invitation to the whole department. We were surprised by the number of people attending. About 20 co-workers are coming, so unless you want a larger wedding stick with only a few people. We are happy about all the people coming to ours, just unexpected.

[/SIGPIC] 40 PEOPLE BOOKED!!!

#8 Royal_lady10

• 247 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:48 PM

I have invited a few coworkers, just those that I have become close to. I would want everyone from my departmet there, but then again, thats just me.

#9 angie8119

• 198 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:29 PM

However, I will be honest- not inviting anyone....I have yet to figure out how to say this. This is my latest anxiety.

#10 frazali

• 245 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:43 PM

We only invited one current co-worker who I knew before I started this position, and a bunch of past co-workers to the AHR. Only immediate family were invited to the wedding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users