Photo

StarandJay's May 9, 2009 Riu Negril Wedding Review

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:53 PM

Congrats! can't wait to see the pics when I get home from work!

#12 majortomm

majortomm
    • 27 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:04 PM

Thanks so much for posting! It sounds like you guys had a wonderful day! I really enjoyed your pics too. I'm staying at the Riu Negril as well but still waffling between an on-site vs off-site wedding. I hope you don't mind if I forward you some questions later on about some other details =)

#13 StarAndJay

StarAndJay
      • 130 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:41 PM

Majortomm: Ask away!! I thought that Dionne and her crew did an amazing job! I really liked that I didnt have to leave the resort at all.

I did get our pro pic proofs back..I am going through them now and ordering so I should have them soon to post. I also have to look through and see if I have any good pics of the reception like how it was set up and all.

Inunez: I would recommend 4 hours in the same place; I cant imagine trying to move. But thats just my opinion. We didnt have a bartender, the servers were able to bring us drinks. Plus Sir Andrew is right near a bar so a lot of guests would walk there and get thier own drinks. Let me know if you have any other questions and ill hopefully have the pics for you soon!

#14 jamaica2010ms

jamaica2010ms
        • 46 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:45 AM

Thanks for all the helpful info & Congrats!

#15 michellepicksbrent

michellepicksbrent
          • 1,448 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:22 AM

Thank you for sharing your review! Congratulations on becoming a Mrs.!

#16 inunez

inunez
            • 172 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:17 AM

starandjay - thanks for answering my questions! i really do want to try to keep everything in the same place. my receptions at the steakhouse - i don't know if we will have that option. i think we can do without the DJ though. we are going to have to make a playlist for him anyway because both of our families are Spanish and they are def not going to have the music that our family dances to. i think the restaurant will be small enough where we can have an IPod speaker and player. i may have to do the bartender though. thanks for your input!

#17 DTHSLove

DTHSLove
              • 347 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:55 PM

Congrats glad you had a good time ..you both look great..

#18 JanJan84

JanJan84
                • 83 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:03 PM

I also have the same set up as Inunez and we both will be at the resort at the same time. Now I'm having second thoughts to. The way you had it was perfect and thats the way I wanted to have it I think I might change it back cause I originally had it planned to pay the 1,000.00 for the private reception and the Dj fee. the only thing that bothered me was the $12 per person for the alcohol. Did you have to pay this for the restaraunt you chose. Cause I chose the steak house.

#19 JanJan84

JanJan84
                  • 83 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:13 PM

Starandjay you are absolutely right now I think I will change my set up again hopefully Dionne will allow me to. It is unfortunate that she will be on vacation when I get to Jamaica so someone else will be taking care of me when I land but as you did we have been talking via email and everything is pretty much set but now i'm having second thoughts on my set up. How much was the flowers for the hair?

#20 Preciousmi811

Preciousmi811
                    • 342 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:50 PM

Great pics loved the neon sunglasses! You looked beautiful! The flowy BM dresses complimented you so well. Everyone looked like they were having so much fun.
                      One Love

ClubHotel Riu Negril May 14 2010 wedding date. Anyone want to share a photographer? I am flying my photographer out regardless, if you want to split travel cost let me know!!!!

Password: 12345http://gs105.photobu....are_email_albuhttp://tickers.Ticke...m/ezt...b2f9...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users