Photo

Looking for a photographer to bring with us

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 n&n112109

n&n112109
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:25 PM

I am getting married at the Sun Palace resort in Cancun in November..... our resort has a " No outside vendor" policy. The only way around it is if we have them stay at the hotel with us as a guest. That being said we are on a limited budget and really trying to find a photographer that we can fly down for a 2 night stay and shoot the day of the wedding only.... Any suggestions?
    Nicole

#2 Nic Dragomire

Nic Dragomire
    • 530 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:30 PM

I never can find that "rolling the eyes" smilies when you need it..... j/k

there are tons of photogs on this site that would fit. just start inquiring with the ones you like.

maybe Jean Marcus?

#3 Goldstein to Be

Goldstein to Be
      • 160 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:05 AM

When I was looking, I found a few photographers that were willing to swap travel for fees (we paid for their travel and they waived their fees). We saved a TON because travel is so cheap right now. Here are a few you might want to check with: Sara Gray, Amy Hoover and bluesunshinephotography.com. Hope it works out for you.

#4 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
        • 2,777 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:29 AM

oh my goodness there are SO many. If budget is your biggest concern I'd inquire w/ photogs in your area that you like. Someone who hasn't had the opportunity to do a DW will be more likely to swap fees for travel. But there seriously are TONS of photogs on BDW in and around cancun that you could just cover there nights and fees (save on flights) and use, and there are tons on here from the states and Canada you could look into!

#5 lp579

lp579
          • 70 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:56 AM

I would check with Moments that Matter photography (they are a vender on here) as they could come onto the hotel property as a guest or book one night (they are Canadian) and already live in the Cancun area. We had them booked originally, but when our flights were cancelled we had to change countries.... Their prices were quite resonable as well as could possibly work out cheaper than bringing someone with you.

#6 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:05 AM

I think what every one else suggested is great. Just start looking for photographers that you like, and inquire about their rates, I think you will be surprised what some of them might do a DW for.

#7 n&n112109

n&n112109
              • 216 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:33 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Goldstein to Be
                When I was looking, I found a few photographers that were willing to swap travel for fees (we paid for their travel and they waived their fees). We saved a TON because travel is so cheap right now. Here are a few you might want to check with: Sara Gray, Amy Hoover and bluesunshinephotography.com. Hope it works out for you.

That's what I am looking for!!! Someone I can swap travel for fees :)
                Nicole

#8 ashey063009

ashey063009
                • 604 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:39 PM

Definitely make sure to take a look through the photog Vendor pages here. There are some amazing options. I agree with Jacilynda, scope out a few in your area that you really like and then chat with them. Most photographers are willing to negotiate, and most seem to love the opportunity to shoot a DW.
                  P.S. Josh Brown is Amazing and his rates are great! (he's a vendor here on BDW)

#9 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
                  • 5,705 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:43 PM

So many options!!! Plus it's cheaper to bring the Photg within Mexico.

#10 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
                    • 2,777 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:18 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by n&n112109
                      That's what I am looking for!!! Someone I can swap travel for fees :)
                      If you really want to swap for travel fees, then you really need to look into photogs who haven't done a DW. Photogs who have aren't going to swap for travel fees... But keep in mind you still want to find a photog who can do amazing work on the beach!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users